I did it! I left for good! Road to recovery and hoovering advice needed please

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Feb 7 - 5PM
TooStrongForThis
TooStrongForThis's picture

I did it! I left for good! Road to recovery and hoovering advice needed please

Well, I did it! I left the N. now ex. While he was away at work, I packed up my items and left to move to another state. I BLOCKED his phone number as well as his facebook, and his closest friends that are also mutual friends on FB.

I couldn't however, block his mother. I felt bad if I were to push her completely out. She had always supported my decision of leaving him, because she understood how he had treated me. She would often talk to him about his ruthless actions and if we visited her home..he would often get a talk about how he was acting towards me.

Well everything went smooth as butter..and I thought I was on the road to recovery. I had not shed a tear during or even after my final day at my past residence with the N. No true thoughts of him really came to mind.

Then TWO days later, I had received a text message from the N's mom. She said that he needed to talk to me about something very important and wanted to know if I would call him. I told her ABSOLUTELY not and that I prefer NC with the N. She understood, told me she still considered me family, and to keep in touch with her regardless of the situation.

That evening I sent a text to my best friend and shortly received a phone call...thinking it was my friend, I picked up the phone.....it was him, calling on another number...

I told him I was going to hang up and demanded to never contact me again, but he told me to "Wait! I have something important to say!"..I told him that "unless I left something there of importance, I wan't nothing to do with you!"..but then he started rambling...He cried and cried..and began to talk of silly things such that he "loves" me, wanted me back, misses me, admits to being an asshole, that I was the one thing that made him happy when he came home, that he wanted to be my last boyfriend I ever had because HE WANTED TO MARRY ME (He always OPPOSED marriage!), and that he wants me to give him one last chance to let him show me the man who is really is...

WELL...

I know the man he really is..and through every stupid statement he rattled off, I laid into him about every little thing he has done to hurt me...EVERY little thing! The abandonment, the "man" who wouldn't stick up for me, the name calling, the judgement, the selfishness, everything!!

He told me he wants it to be like how we first were dating and how much fun we used to have....maybe for the first 2 weeks of dating...but not so much afterwards...

I kept thinking..LIE...LIE...LIE! It was closure for me to stand up and make him feel as I had...lonely, confused, unloved, etc.

In my eyes, he is upset because he doesn't have someone to abuse by mindfucking...nobody is delivering him clean clothes or cleaning the house...doing his taxes or business receipts..I kept repeating to him "YOU WERE NEVER THERE WHEN I NEEDED YOU THE MOST!".

I kept rehashing the fact that he had abandoned me..literally, ditching me to hang out with his friends every day for two weeks...right after I came home from the hospital after a bad accident, leaving me with a broken knee. He tried to force me to wash and bring his clothes up and down the stairs..while on crutches....he was evil.

I am strong. I will NEVER come back to this. I don't know why I let this situation absorb my mind throughout the day. It's almost like my mind wants him to call back, just so I could make him feel pathetic again. I won't call or contact him. That is certain.

Why am I feeling this way? Is that normal?
I told him to move on and leave me be (blocked this new number).

What else can I do to recover from him? I joined a gym with some classes for yoga that I plan to keep busy.

Feb 8 - 2PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

When enough is enough .. It's

Feb 8 - 1PM
Journey
Journey's picture

Of course it's normal to be

Journey on...

Feb 8 - 8AM
TruthbeginsToday
TruthbeginsToday's picture