I am a fool: I broke NO CONTACT and once more got burned!

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Feb 1 - 6PM
DiscoveringDeb
DiscoveringDeb's picture

I am a fool: I broke NO CONTACT and once more got burned!

The N has been emailing me since late December trying to get me to "meet" him to talk face to face. I didn't respond for several weeks. He is seeing a therapist and told me he realized thathe had "become narcissistic". And that he has a lot to work through about all of his past relationships.
The emails continued and I finally responded and told him that I could not meet with him unless there was a chance of us working together towards a committed, loving, intimate relationship. (I KNOW. I KNOW! I set myself up for more abuse.). And that's what I ended up with. He said yes, there was a chance that we both needed to continue working on our issues, but that he is realizing that he left something very good at the table.
To turn a long story short, I suggested we meet together at the therapists to get some clarity on where to go from here more for mY benefit than his. He balked and said it was too son, that he felt that was WEEKS away and that I needed to quit stressing -that "we" were fine.
I panicked and called him. After a loNg conversation! he said he wanted to talk to the therapist first (next week) and asked if I could wait that long. At first I agreed. And then we left it at that. There were several "red flags" in the conversation. I soon discovered that he is still on the singles website looking for an LTR, as early as that morning.
That was it! I'm done. I've blocked him now from everything. When I see my therapist this week, I will tell her that I am done talking about HIM, that I need to work on ME.
I do feel like a fool for wanting (again) to believe that he was trying to change. So after three months of trying to get over this loon, I am almost (not quite) back to square one! My fault!!

Feb 2 - 11AM
lessonlearned
lessonlearned's picture

remember:

Feb 2 - 11AM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

This guy has told you point

Feb 2 - 11AM (Reply to #4)
DiscoveringDeb
DiscoveringDeb's picture

yes!