Goldie's Narcissist Recovery Support Group Testimonials

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jan 28 - 11AM
MissH
MissH's picture

Goldie's Narcissist Recovery Support Group Testimonials

I posted this in the comments box of the main thread but just wanted to add a bit more.

I am in Goldie's current support group that comes to an end in a few wks. Joining up was the best decision I have ever made. In the beginning, in the months after D&D, I was seeing a therapist/ reading books/ journaling/ talking to friends/ taking my anger out on a punchbag/ you name it- I tried it, but my recovery progress was going soooo slow and I thought I'd never get past the pain of what the narc did and the anxious feelings that followed. Then I started Goldie's group and the change in me was dramatic and it happened very quickly too. I have been moving forward in HUGE leaps and bounds with every week in group.

For the 12 weeks, the 8 members participate in a conference call every Thurs. We all check in at the start of call and say how we've bn doing that week. Goldie gives us homework each week such as looking at how behaviours of the exN or people from our childhood has impacted us, or we focus on one area of our lives that we are having particular difficulty with. Each week, we get a chance to discuss the work that we've done and anything else that is concerning us & we get advice & support from Goldie & the other members of the group. Throughout the week we all discuss things by email too. I was quite intimidated at first as didn't know what to expect but everyone is so welcoming and supportive towards each other. For me our group quickly become a much needed safe haven after the trauma of narc abuse. I feel that I have a real understanding about what happened that I didn't have at all before, and I am focussing my thoughts and energy on me and who I am/what I like/who brings joy to my life, and the narc just doesn't get a look-in anymore! I have reached a place of indifference and don't care about anything he does or says now. I have been 4 months NC now but it feels like longer because of how indifferent I feel towards him.

In my opinion, there's nowhere else that you can get such support specifically targeted at moving fwd after a Narc relationship. Goldie is very smart, personable and funny, but she also calls you out on any BS or stuff you're holding onto that keeps you from moving fwd! If you're thinking about it but nervous or not sure, just do it. You honestly won't regret it. Not only has my progress been massive, I have also 'met' some wonderful ladies and made some friends for life. It was the best move I ever made to join the group when I did. I could have spent millions on therapists and wouldn't have made anywhere near the progress I have made with Goldie and my group buddies :)

Feb 6 - 1PM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Thank you all

Jan 30 - 7PM
CattyPeque
CattyPeque's picture

Done

Jan 29 - 5AM
StrongasDandelion
StrongasDandelion's picture

:)