Tough Weekend

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jan 26 - 6PM
frogbox
frogbox's picture

Tough Weekend

I'm fairly new here, so I will start by saying hello and thankyou to everyone who is part of this amazing community.

I have been nc for the past 4 months after the final d&d (dumped by text after 2 years of hell and he moved in with the ow the very same day! Incredible!)

He is very well known in our small town, in fact it seems everyone has some connection to him. Thus, I am now recognised by many through my past association with him. This makes me uneasy as I don't want to see or speak to anyone he knows as I know this will trigger me.

I have fallen as far under the radar as humanly possible. Avoiding all triggers and staying nc 100%. It's been very hard and incredibly lonely but with the support of my family (they saw first hand what a pos he was and how badly he treated me) a few long term true friends and regular therapy sessions I have made slow but steady progress.

A couple of days ago I made the effort to book an appt to have my hair cut. Sounds trivial but a big deal to me having to go into town alone. I was severely depressed after the d&d and could barely find the energy to get out of bed to eat and shower. My little girl kept me going through the worst of it.

After my hair appt i unfortunately bumped into his best fiends gf. She works in town. The very first words out of her mouth (after hello) were she had seen xn and ow together the previous week. That they were out drinking together in a pub we used to go together. She knew full well how terribly this man had treated me and my daughter, and how devastated I was when he left!

I was dumbfounded and upset she felt it necessary to share this information with me, I made my excuses and fled back home.

Ever since I have been spinning. Going over and over the same old stuff in my head. Nightmares have returned along with loss of appetite and terrible anxiety.

How can something so trivial have such a huge effect? I am feeling a whole host of negative emotions again and now questioning if I have made any progress at all.

Have I just been living in a bubble to protect myself and my daughter!

I know I have rambled on, thank you for reading. I guess right now I just need some support.

X

Jan 27 - 10AM
SavingMyself
SavingMyself's picture

I can relate

Jan 27 - 3AM
aurora
aurora's picture

Hi

Jan 27 - 2AM
StrongasDandelion
StrongasDandelion's picture