It's nearly over

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jan 7 - 2PM
Healingslowly_b...
Healingslowly_but getting there's picture

It's nearly over

Good Evening Everyone,
Two years ago this evening I was in a mess. It was about 10 weeks since the narc had finally left and about a month since the final d&d and I had just about managed to get through Christmas with the boys with a forced smile on my face, managed to go out on New Years Eve with friends and get far too drunk so as to forget all about him and due to it being the narc's birthday today, I was in a right old state cos he was having a party (I was a fb stalker at the time, of course), and he had invited all my friends and due to the smear campaign, many believed that I was crazy and that the narc was the victim of crazy old me and had gone to the party.
I deleted fb for a while that night, due to nearly cracking up, and was determined to find out what on earth had happened to me.
I felt exhausted, fed up of the spinning, and eventhough I had been going to therapy for about a month and had been told I was a victim of domestic abuse, I still didn't understand it all.
So I googled "domestic abuse help"....then "emotional abuse help"....then I saw this site and read the homepage... wow!!!!
I couldn't believe my eyes. People who had been through the same as me.... I wasn't crazy. I read everything over and over and just cried. I rang my mum and my best friend and told them all about it. They didnt understand of course but for the first time in a long time they heard hope in my voice.
My mum says that finding this site was the making of me and she's right. I honestly would not be where I am today without this wonderful place.
No contact has been so much easier with all of you to lean on, just a pat on the back every now and again from you all to say "It's ok, you're doing great", has been enough to keep me going and now I feel nearly there.
Maybe I should change my name to Almost Healed???

I like to stop by and read and offer advice but sometimes my confidence is still shaky and I worry about answering people's posts in case I put the wrong thing. That's my next goal.....build the confidence!!!

Love to you all on this journey wherever you are and which ever stage you are in and I really wish you all peace after such a horrific experience.

(((Hugs)))

x

Jan 7 - 6PM
boomer14
boomer14's picture

yes!!

Jan 7 - 5PM
StrongasDandelion
StrongasDandelion's picture

Thank you !

Jan 7 - 4PM
Done sourcing