My story TDbFree

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jan 4 - 10AM
TDbfree
TDbfree's picture

My story TDbFree

I have been on the site for 2 weeks now, only after I read The Path Forward. I have thought about my story which sounds all too much like the same things I have read. The romance w the N started off perfect. He was so attentive and kind. I thought I was the luckiest woman in the world. I only started see issues when he would have troubles with his ex-wife. He would get silent and ugly, couldn't handle the drama. And yes, the sex was amazing also. But he would give me the silent treatment for any little thing after we had been dating about a year, then the d & d started. He is a bit older than me and would threat me like one of his kids who was being punished.

He dumped me out of the blue and remarried the ex wife 3 months later. I was devastated, thought I would surely die of a broken heart. We worked at the same office and he had literally stalked me the whole time we were broke up. I transferred to an office 80 miles away. Over the next years he would wink at me in meetings, sit across from me, ask for my assistance with a project, anything to get to me.

Jump 15 years later, I stupidly let him walk right back in. Same pattern started about 2 years into us dating again. I think it was even worse than before. Since we lived in different cities and he was dealing with grown kids and ex again, he would shut me down for weeks. He would tell me that if I was good and didn't get too emotional we could keep see each other. The last year has been pretty much Zero, he has retired and travels, plays golf or whatever, but doesn't come see me. I have not seen him since May. I only get empty invites to his home that never plays out, sexual text or an occasional phone call.

The week of Thanksgiving I found out why, he is screwing around with one of his old employees and has been for a couple of years. Now it all makes sense, I was backup, standby or what ever he needed at the time. I am more upset at myself for not letting him go two years ago when when he just quit calling, texting, wouldn't answer my calls for 2 months. But ,he sweet talked me right back in. Everyone one here, especially Willow, Abilgal, Goldie and so many more of you have given me the the strength to go No Contact. I am so so very thankful for Lisa starting this forum and her books. I know most of my issues start with a N mom and alcoholic dad, so I am working hard at being free and happy. Something I haven't been in a long time. Big hugs and thanks to all, TD

Jan 4 - 11AM
Callie
Callie's picture

Stay Strong

Jan 4 - 11AM (Reply to #2)
TDbfree
TDbfree's picture

Never closure

Jan 4 - 2PM (Reply to #5)
talktothehand
talktothehand's picture

TDbfree