My story...

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Dec 27 - 7AM
italbabble
italbabble's picture

My story...

I married this man after knowing him for two years. He seemed so genuine and caring. I remember telling my kids...he treats me so well. Fast forward to second year of marriage. His drinking increased along with crazy mood swings and rages in which everything was my fault. He became controlling...if I didn't do something exactly like he wanted, I was not appreciating him and he would have crazy tantrums. Conversations quickly became intense arguments if I dared to question him or disagree with him. The turning point came when out of the blue, after hosting a party for his kids birthday, including his ex-wife, he decided that I was not appreciative of him and he stole our joint savings account. He didn't think that it would upset me and was making plans to go out to dinner that night. He kept saying that he was only protecting himself. Almost one year later, we are still in litigation because he wants everything and he thinks that he is responsible for all that we accomplished. Although he makes less money then me, he believes that he paid for everything and that I hid my money. He did none of the finances, he left that to me because he was too busy drinking and couldn't be bothered but now, he did everything...in his mind that is.
He moved in with some friends of his and spends almost every night at a bar with his friends wife...all the while saying they are just friends (not that I really care...she's his next victim).
He hasn't been living here for quite some time but he came back for two days after a court appearance because he told the judge that he is still living here. During the two days he went through the house, taking all sorts of things (kitchen utensils, serving bowls, platter, small appliances, dining room table leaves) and put them in the basement. He locked the basement door and the master bedroom door and when I became angry and broke the door to get downstairs he pressed charges to get me arrested. Luckily they didn't arrest me but a few days later he went to family court and swore out a petition saying that I was bi polar and that tried to kill him.
That Friday he came back to the house while I was at work and took more things out of the shed and out of the house...all the while emailing me and telling me to stop taking things and touching his things. Earlier that month he took our third car which is titled and registered to me and hid it somewhere, refusing to bring it back. He replaced the basement and master bedroom locks with key locks and hasn't been back (2 weeks). I called a locksmith unbeknownst to him. Next week I have to appear in family court. Meanwhile he writes crazy emails that I am touching his stuff, that I am breaking his stuff, that I am wasting all my money on lawyers and that I am prolonging all this etc. etc. He is asking for an order of protection and that I leave the house.
I have to believe that the justice system will see through his craziness and gives me an order of protection. I feel such dread whenever I leave the house because I'm afraid he will show up and take more of my things.
It's hard to imagine that the person that I fell in love with is this crazy deranged person. All his "friends" and his kids believe everything he says and he makes sure to keep them away from me so that they don't find out the real story.
He has done this with all his previous relationships including his ex-wife, but I thought that what we had was real and those past stories were because the ladies were "crazy".
Looking back there were so many red flags but I thought that what we had would make him happy and "cure" whatever ailed him and that we could have a happy life together.

Dec 27 - 3PM
Hopeisdying
Hopeisdying's picture

Projection

Dec 27 - 8AM
BlindNoMore
BlindNoMore's picture

I'm sorry for what you have