Christmas with a Narc, Christmas for kids with a Narc Father....

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Dec 13 - 10AM
ev19
ev19's picture

Christmas with a Narc, Christmas for kids with a Narc Father....

Soooo, I am preparing to end this. It's not as easy as it would be if I was just dating him. We have a long history and two kids. The younger will graduate this spring. The elder is out of the house already (Thank God for his sake.) Anyway, I haven't talked to N in a few days, but got a text from him today how this is his last check before Christmas and how it is the worst check in years, what are we going to do for Christmas. I replied, "Christmas is December 25 every year. If you had money to gamble, you should have thought of Christmas then, we are used to you ruining everything, I'm sure the kids won't be too shocked", which of course, he turned into my fault, by texting him while he was at work. That is funny to me, because I responded to his text, as far as I'm concerned I don't need to ever talk or text to him again. It's unreal how they flip everything around, nothing is ever their fault and they do these selfish things, irresponsible things with money and then somehow expect your sympathy? I am so done with him. I wonder, can he be a Bipolar Narc???? I mean he has a wide array of issues, all of which were fixable. This is the one that finally made me realize that he is not fixable. And this is also the one that is the saddest becasue it shows how much time and energy I've wasted. One last question-is everyone else as completely exhausted as I am? I could sleep all night, wake up, go back to bed 2 hours later, etc. I could sleep 12 or more hours a day and yet I'm always exhausted. Sick of being tired, sick of being with a workaholic that is always broke, sick of it all. Thank God my kids are old enough to talk to on a real level. Thank God I ordered gifts already, and I'll just make up for the rest of the stuff after Christmas...(I planned on gift cards for gas etc, but those will have to wait now) Thank God they aren't little kids, it would be devastating.

Dec 15 - 2PM
talktothehand
talktothehand's picture

Christmas for kids with a narc father

Dec 15 - 3PM (Reply to #2)
Janie53
Janie53's picture

talk