Perfecting the Art of LC

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Dec 9 - 9PM
alicejo
alicejo's picture

Perfecting the Art of LC

Well I got divorced four months ago, but still have two kids with him so full NC is not possible. Have been doing my best, but he draws me in with seemingly kid related issues and before I know it I'm listening to abuse again. I have given him notice not to come near me (as in coming to door when picking them up, etc.) I have also texted him that I will only communicate regarding the children by text or email. He just called wanting to "talk about the boys' Christmas". I ignored and took the message. Have decided not to respond. He got my message so the only point in him calling is to try and catch me off guard. I don't have anything to discuss with him related to Christmas, since I have them for the first part of the holiday this year, I just planned to do my own thing with my extended family and he can get them when his time starts and do what he wants. I know he will be telling his new supply and his family that I am "so rigid" in sticking with the court order and bad mouth me, but I have to let go of needing to please them. If he was capable of being reasonable and honoring agreements I would not have had to divorce him.

I welcome advice from any members who have to do limited contact. How do you handle communication and requested one time changes to the possession order while maintaining NC? Should I send him a text telling him to email me with what he wants or just ignore it since by phoning he is disregarding my request for written communication.

BTW, he has hoovered several times with pitiful stories about how the more than six women he has dated since I left were great, but "just not you, alicejo, no one is YOU" to which I laughed and reminded him that he was the one always threatening to leave for being so unhappy. That was before I went LC. His latest was a text one week ago at midnight saying "You were right about me." I ignored it, then the boys mentioned that he and his new supply, who is putting him up in her home since right before our divorce was final, got in a big fight and he was telling her he was going to leave. I didn't ask for more info and just tried to put them at ease that their home is with me, and there is no fighting here.

Dec 11 - 3PM
alicejo
alicejo's picture

Thanks for replies

Dec 12 - 5PM (Reply to #4)
ForeverFreedom
ForeverFreedom's picture

ignore the heck outta him.

Dec 10 - 7PM
ForeverFreedom
ForeverFreedom's picture

you sound so much like me