Slinky's Story

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Dec 2 - 2PM
Bunky1955
Bunky1955's picture

Slinky's Story

I am 58 years old, attractive for my age, am able to persue my dream job. I have a close and loving family and good friends. I have been married twice, the first marriage to a good looking narc. He left me after 18 years for someone younger that worked for him. I didn't think anyone would ever want me,my self esteem was that low. He actually did me a favor because 3 years later I met the love of my life.

We were married for 10 years until he succumbed to cancer. We had a healthy and loving relationship. I took care of him and I knew he would have done the same for me. I did not date anyone for 2 1/2 years until I met the new narc, although I didn't know he was one at the time. We met at a support group.. I couldn't believe I actually could fall in love again and maybe be happy with someone else after my husband. He was good looking, although looks never attracted me, I always went for a man that had "personality". The new N was so much fun. I didn't sleep with him for about 2 months as it was not easy for me to give my heart or body to someone new. He led me to believe he cared but to him it was only sex. When I told him the relationship was not working, he told me "he was not over his old girlfriend". I stopped seeing him. He didn't know that before he persued me and slept with me? I cut off contact after he got in touch with me a couple of weeks later but the following 4 months were very hard. I thought about him all the time.
After the end of 4 months, he contacted me and we had coffee. He told me it was over with her and he wanted to see me again. And so began the push pull of him going back with her, breaking up and calling me. Telling me he loved me but I must go on because he was still hurting from her, that in the end we would be together. We would see each other for coffee and talk, he was intelligent, we liked the same things but I came to realize that he was an alcoholic, worked occasionally, did drugs occasionally. I wondered how he managed to keep his house as he lives in an affluent area. He is alienated from his large family too but has many friends who seem to love him. He had a long term marriage but admitted that he cheated on her throughout the marriage. He told me his longest relationship was a year and that maybe he was in love once. The OW is married and cheated on him which he says he will never forgive her for and has never told her he loved her and doesn't love her.
Three months ago, after all this we started seeing each other. We made love and he told me he loved me and adored me. I didn't hear from him the next day. The following day we made love but something was different and he wasn't drinking. Afterwards, he told me that he wanted to take it slow, he didn't want to hurt me. Then he told me he didn't want to do Christmas. I got dressed and left. He was surprised I was angry. He didn't stop me either. I felt like I was violated. I went home and washed his smell off me.
I blocked his number. But then I text him and told him that I did, that I have to move on and he needs to leave me alone. That was about 4-5 weeks ago and I have been no contact. Last night I looked on his fb page and saw that they are friends again. He had defriended her before. I was devastated and angry. Also angry at myself for looking, but at least I did not contact him.
I just want the pain to go away.

Dec 3 - 9PM
Renay
Renay's picture

I am so sorry for you pain.

Dec 3 - 8AM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Hark Hark.. What we have here

Dec 2 - 4PM
Bunky1955
Bunky1955's picture