Meniacal Minister

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Nov 29 - 8AM
tpiamarie
tpiamarie's picture

Meniacal Minister

Hello to all.
I am new to this forum after just purchasing (and reading) in one night The Path Forward. I wasn't sure if i was crazy...maybe it was all my fault. How could a minister be that cruel and that much of a liar...especially at age 40?
I met him on match.com in Jan 2012. I thought it was weird that a military chaplain would be on that site but I ignored my gut (common theme in my story). When we met at a military base for a run he was very aloof (another bad gut feeling) and arrogant with a feigned humbleness. I didn't really like him, but "he's a minister" I told myself...how bad could he be?
We continued to work out together and of course I did all the driving to meet HIM. He asked me to dinner one night and that was the only clue that maybe he liked me...and even then he was very aloof and made sure I knew it was only b/c he was hungry and wanted a steak. Then he started asking me to work out at his house. Now I started asking my guy friends if he liked me and they all agreed he did. eventually we decided we would date, after he made alot of reasons why it could fail and how he was scared..blah, blah, blah...to get sympathy. Once we were intimate...he went back on match.com and said he didn't see it working out between us (after 5 months of hanging out). I told him i had to move on. The next day he came to me crying saying the Lord gave him a sign that i was "the one" and we officially started dating (however when he hugged me he said...I am only here for 2 years; I cannot promise you anything). By then i was hooked by the God story and told him I'd take a chance on him. (Gut feeling was also bad here). Over the course of dating...he withdrew sexually using the Bible as the reason (but it never felt like the real reason) and then we'd give in and have wild sex (only for him to withdraw again). If i slept over, i'd have to park my car down the street. He started getting very sarcastic, stopped putting in any effort towards us(not that he had much initially), and hinting that he was going to break up with me in 2 years and that I seemed like a strong girl who could handle it. He would comment on fat people and how disgusting they are and how the secretary at his church was a loser, a nut case, and so insecure he'd close his door to avoid her. He would pretend to be sensitive and meek on the outside but was very, very cold and cruel in the way he talked about others. He said he wanted a vasectomy so he could have sex and never worry about having children but the church would question him. He talked about kids with me while "courting me" then eventually said we should adopt b/c a 37 year old would have children with autism. Then he told me how he emotionally abused his 1st wife and could hurt her through silent treatments (mine had already begun) and how he married his 2nd wife on a rebound and asked her for an annulment after their honeymoon. he said she continually asked him for children but he ignored her and she left him for a woman one day. Wife #2 took his money and dragged it on and he blamed her for doing that (she was a virgin by the way upon marrying him). I was girl #3 and wanted to get married until I caught him cheating on match.com when I went away to a military school. He denied it and said I was insecure that match.com automatically logs people on to keep business going. He would withdraw emotionally while I was away at school and when we would meet up he would say it was fantastic only to ignore me for days following. He made promised to pick me up from school and drive me back, blah, blah. finally when it was time to graduate, he broke up with me. he said he had to follow God and b/c we were having sex he had to avoid me and that now we were "disqualified in God's eyes"..so he could not marry me. At this point I was going to church praying to not want sex from him just to keep us together. Then turns out he was back on match.com (24/7) and sleeping with another military officer over night at her house with a child home. The military caught on to him and he lost his ministry and his career and married #3 (the military officer) as soon as the investigation into his actions started. After their honeymoon (even though ordered through military never to contact me) he emailed me photos of their wedding with a message: It was a beautiful day. Wish you could have been there. :-) (smiley included). But then there was nothing I could do b/c he was out of the military and they cannot touch him anymore.
There is alot of other stuff to add but I figured it's already way too long and I just want to know if he sounds narcisstic, crazy, selfish, or am I blowing things out of proportion?

Nov 29 - 4PM
layla2727
layla2727's picture

I am so sorry Tpia. I don't

Nov 29 - 1PM
Janie53
Janie53's picture

tpiamarie

Nov 29 - 11AM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Hi Welcome