Got out quick...

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Nov 28 - 8AM
Payitforward
Payitforward's picture

Got out quick...

Hi...very recently registered on this site. Have been NC for 15 days and reading the inspiring stories and information that truly resonated within me and my situation have made those 15 days a lot easier.
My story: I met what I genuinely thought was the one via a mutual friend. He had an off on girlfriend who lived abroad and he was telling me on that it had been over for a long time. I said to him if you want to date me then he had to finish with her. He did finish with her. And we began dating.
He cancelled on me a lot but always called to let me know and would always rearrange...but it did get a little wearing, I never complained as the reasons w(usually to do with work we're good enough). We had one argument about this when he let me down on a weekend, the first time he was supposed to come to my home. I told him that maybe if he did want to settle down and have a wife and family then maybe he needs to look at his priorities ....I expressed emotion and disappointment also ... To which he said 'if that's your attitude, I suggest we don't speak anymore'.
My head was spinning ...he turned quite aggressive and would not talk about it ....he was going to the gym and that was that- he would call me later. He did call me after the longest 3.5 hours of my life but I ended up apologising both by text before he called and on the call. This first outburst frightened me as I now realise my ex from years ago who would subject me to terrible emotional abuse started speaking to me in this way. Everything at this point and from the 2nd date in me screamed run.
In between all the letdowns we did see each other quite a lot (if I made the effort) and he was constantly calling and texting me. Rare we would see each other on weekends though. He was very complementary telling me how he'd 'upgraded'...my friends all liked him (at the beginning) and I was so happy.
It took 3 months before we had sex and when we did he was very uncomfortable being naked and the sex was pretty awful, aggressive and like I wasn't really there to him. He would shower straight away and not really cuddle in bed. Although he still almost seemed perfect in every way to me... Good job....never been married... Good looking , young etc. all my head could do was tell me to run away. I constantly had anxiety and never slept very well whilst with him... But I put it down to excitement ?!
The sex never really got better and I guess that's why moving on is not as hard as it could have been.
Aside from that we had a little honeymoon period of 3 or 4 weeks, the criticisms were there but we're put across in a caring way and some of them justified so I felt happy. I met his family- seemed really lovely, but something ( not sure what) made me a little wary of his dad. After I met his family I guess my confidence grew that he really liked me and were going to make it work. From that point the criticisms and double standards for much much worse. I couldn't do right for doing wrong... If I mentioned anything he would not talk and get off the phone so quick he almost put it down. He stopped coming over and if I was near his town I would ask to see him for 15 minutes even to try and sort it out but no. Had to be on his terms and the more we disagreed the more I would not see him.
The way he spoke to me during these disagreements was very bad and almost just childish and immature. He would constantly say that I was questioning his integrity and I did not trust him and that was to do with my past as I still have my 'guard up' ... We'll thank goodness I did!
We spoke of booking a holiday but could never seem to get work to come back to him with dates available to take off...he ended up going on his own to meet family based abroad.
On my birthday (which annoyed him as I was making a drama out of it) he bought me a present, didn't wrap it, still in crumpled bag and no card. My face was a picture...just because it looked so thoughtless... He immediately took the present back with him the next day and said he would get me vouchers instead...I never saw them.
He was very tight with money - even on my birthday weekend he told me how much the bill was :-(
His friends seemed nice but he would say things a little out of order behind their backs. He tried to
Embarrass me in front of them once at a party but I rose above and his friends looked embarrassed. The XN got very drunk and did not look good. He also was rude to waiters etc later that evening.
He would often interrupt me whilst I was talking too (after honeymoon 3/4 weeks).
The criticisms, uncalled for nasty remarks, double standards and lack of effort became unbearable and by now I was hating myself for allowing it and staying ...I used to look in the mirror whilst crying , pleading with myself to end it with him.
We went more rounds before I saw his true temper... Again over my feelings that he didn't want to hear- but this time it was face to face and I saw the nostrils flair, he spat as he talked in anger and you could almost smell anger on him. Again it was so extreme it didn't make sense. He then asked for space and eventually a 2 week break. After 5 days of ignoring him ( the way he spoke and treated me) I ended it. By text. I continued to ignore him for 7 days. But he said a member of his family was very sick and chased to get me to react. To cut a long story short we met up and this merry go round went on for 3 months (or I think until the time he new I wanted him back- which I did) then BAM ! He needs more space. He currently thinks we are on a 2.5 week break. But we are not it is over in my head and I am 15 days NC and counting. Why after so much negative is it still hard. I'm thinking the disappointment on so many levels is the hardest to deal with.

Nov 28 - 1PM
Payitforward
Payitforward's picture

Gosh really !

Nov 28 - 11AM
Lotsofmovement
Lotsofmovement's picture

in common