Made a mistake

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Aug 12 - 10PM
Clark
Clark's picture

Made a mistake

I made the mistake of responding to his last text tonight. I didn't respond yesterday or all of today, but then after drinking with coworkers tonight I found myself replying to him. He had implied he wasn't doing well and said, "I didn't figure you wanted to hear from me, but I wanted to reach out. Glad you're doing well."

This text annoyed me to no end last night and all today until I found myself unable to have control and I wrote back saying: "Well I made that clear how I felt then. I'm sorry you aren't doing well, I'm sure that will change if that's the case."

What I had meant was, that prior to the 6 weeks NC I told him I could not speak to him unless he committed seriously to our relationship again. I could not do platonic communication. And then he texted me, platonically.

Of course, when I texted him about an hour ago it seemed his phone was off—this is what he does when his "ex" is with him—granted he would deny that. When I lived with him off and on, he'd turn his phone off at night so I wouldn't see her texts, likewise he'd do the same to me. And now, he's done it again.

Roped me back in just to not be there again, There is literally not one other human being who I have this issue with—when I call or text literally ANYONE else they respond, however, miraculously, his phone always seems to be off or he takes hours to respond.

How the hell did I get myself back to square one?? I am SO mad at myself right now. I am so hurt all over again. I feel stupid and used AGAIN after going strong for 6 WEEKS. What have I done? I feel so weak and pathetic.

What do I do?

Aug 13 - 1AM
fefe65
fefe65's picture

Clark I have been there; I

Aug 12 - 11PM
Juliette
Juliette's picture

You pick yourself back up, dust yourself off...

Aug 12 - 11PM (Reply to #6)
Clark
Clark's picture

I know, Juliette and I

Aug 14 - 11PM (Reply to #7)
ZanShin
ZanShin's picture

You CAN get rid of it!!

Aug 15 - 12AM (Reply to #8)
Clark
Clark's picture

Thank you