Coffeegal125's Story

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mar 28 - 4PM
Coffeegal125
Coffeegal125's picture

Coffeegal125's Story

It happened so fast and with someone I thought was my friend...

I started dating this guy who I met when I was 12 years old...so fast forward to 14 years later and we finally re-connect. We have our first date and it felt comfortable because he made me feel that I was the girl he always wanted. Then we were hanging out for like a couple of weeks straight and became intimate. He started to change...he made fun of what I was wearing...would say certain comments to make me feel like I was this insecure woman and he even told me at one point that "he knew that he had me"! He began to talk about how many "female" friends he had and that he's a big flirt...I started to get a not so good feeling but yet I felt like I was becoming this insecure chick. When I started to question his actions he would become very defensive and tell me that I'm being too jealous and trying to manipulate him. I was sooo confused! I kept telling him I was just trying to make my point of how I felt and he said well you're acting like a d*ck! That's when I knew this guy was barking up the wrong tree!! It's like he wanted to make me angry and crazy towards him. As soon as I told him this wasn't working with us...he got so angry and didn't want us to part ways. I just knew in my gut I couldn't trust him. I caved in a few days later and he went from being nice to being a complete jerk again. I called him one night and he acted very strange as if he were with another woman. When I asked him if he was dating other girls he simply told me "you're not my mother to be questioning me!" and ..."you're not my girl." A few weeks later I tried to mend the situation with him because I think like an adult...not him! He's ignored me since and chooses to act like a child. Will I get closure? Probably not since he's been figured out.

It hurt a lot only because I was upset at myself for allowing him to come in and strip me of the guard I had up for so long. I've worked on my self esteem for years and felt great about myself until I met him. It's so crazy how a man like that can come in your life and all of a sudden make you feel like you're the crazy insecure one. I've since then ignored him and hope he does not come back into my life. Thank goodness for a site like this because at least I know I'm not alone... =)

Mar 28 - 9PM
TruthbeginsToday
TruthbeginsToday's picture

you are not alone....

Mar 28 - 4PM
Tara30
Tara30's picture

welcome!

Mar 28 - 4PM (Reply to #6)
Coffeegal125
Coffeegal125's picture

Thank you!!