Does Idelaize, Devalue and Discard happen in every relationship....

1 post / 0 new
#1 Mar 5 - 9AM
shazza060969
shazza060969's picture

Does Idelaize, Devalue and Discard happen in every relationship....

I am not talking of only romantic relationships but all of narcs relationship ie those of friends and work colleagues...

I was discarded by Narc 15 months ago and have been NC with him ever since...

My question arises as my best friend (best friends before I met narc) is his Office Manager, she has had little contact with him over these last 15 months and now he has change the dynamics in the office so she now reports directly to him again. He is idealising her again and 15 months of almost ignoring her and was wondering if anyone has had expereince of this type of behaviour.

She is fully aware he is an Narc and she herself was involved with one romantically a few years ago.

His behaviour toward her is text book, he is getting married in Sept and wants her to go to the wedding, she has refused as her partner despises him after he sacked him from their workplace and blamed the other manager for letting him go. Although she sees through him, he is an expert in making people feel valued and inportant.

Is there any further advice I can give her on the management of a narc as a boss