23 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Dec 31 - 1PM
BackonTrack
BackonTrack's picture

BackonTrack's Story

Today he left

Hi everyone,
I had been on here in the past but I lost the info to my account so I created a new one.

Today has been difficult because my N said some terrible, hurtful things and blocked me online. Here's my story:

My N is in the music business and somewhat of a public figure. He is engaged and in an open relationship. He's been with many women and everyone knows and seems to have no problem with that.

I've known him for 3 years now and he isn't my boyfriend and never has been. I was getting out of a bad relationship and came to him depressed. He was amazing. He said he understood and "not many would", that he'd always be there for support, and that my friendship mattered a lot to him. The first month we just talked about things like that and life, being happier, etc. At some point sex came up. He told me he had thought about it before and when I mentioned it in reference to something else, he "pushed" the topic and that's how we got started with all of that.

The first 4 months or so were amazing and I felt so special. He texted me every day as soon as he woke up and we'd talk all day, about life and sex stuff too. At some point I felt hooked and started texting him more and he texted less until it was just me. If I brought that up he'd get VERY upset with me and say that I was too sensitive and insecure and of course we were friends and he didn't have to explain that to his other friends.

He would become distant, and when I would bring up sex he wouldn't be in the mood for it. It would be hot and cold and it went on that way for 3 years.

A week ago he said he wasn't in the mood again and he "goes through phases" where he isn't interested with anyone. I said that was okay and maybe for the best and in the future we probably shouldn't do that stuff anyway and I was starting to see him as strictly a friend. He made it sound like that was cool and said he was going to go watch a movie and I said okay.

Yesterday I was on Facebook a lot making pages for nonprofit volunteer work I do and texted him to say hi. No answer. An hour went by and I texted in a joking way and said he's no fun anymore. No answer. Knowing that I have a lot going on in the next few weeks I sent an email and said I also wanted to tell him that I will be getting increasingly busier with charity work that I do but he'll be in my thoughts and to have a Happy New Year.

The email I got back was not what I expected. He was furious about the two texts and the email, saying that even his best friend doesn't contact him that much and when he told me a few days ago he was busy working he meant it and he didn't have time and said it was "stalkersih." This was the same guy that gave me his number and email and told me a few weeks ago that I can text him anytime and was saying "kisses" when he ended a text.

I probably should've let it go but that upset me so I texted and said I was online working on facebook pages and saw him online chatting all day and how would I know he was still busy working? He replied that iwas "frightening" and f***ing stalker s**t." that I saw he was on there and told me not to text him again. I said I'd respect his wishes but there's not truth to what he said because I don't text him that much.

Yes, I texted twice in a row and sent an email but I will go weeks or a month without contacting him so that I don't upset him and seem "clingy." No answer, but he did block me on Facebook. So that's all there is to say to him. He makes me feel like I'm stalking him and that I'm obsessive but I don't see it that way at all given how he acts at other times when he's so sweet and kind.

Is this typical behavior? Can anyone relate? Do N's usually try to come back after something like this or does it sound like he's had it? He's accused me of being clingy in the past but has never blocked me or told me to not write again, usually he says to "back off" and then after I do things get better. Please help!

Mar 10 - 12PM
aflynn
aflynn's picture

Healing

Mar 30 - 6PM (Reply to #21)
BackonTrack
BackonTrack's picture

Sometimes I wonder if some of

Aug 12 - 4PM (Reply to #22)
NikkiGirl
NikkiGirl's picture

Just thinking