strength1987's story

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Dec 15 - 10AM
strength1987
strength1987's picture

strength1987's story

is he a Narc?

Not sure if my ex was/is a Narc. Our whole relationship he was very affectionate, overly so. Cutie this, honey that. Always looking at me and playing the part of the perfect boyfriend, but I didn't think it was a part... to me it was real, genuine. Toward the end of our relationship, things got tough. He went away to obtain his Master's at a school that was 3 hours from me. We were fighting more. I had jealously/trust issues. Things started to go down hill. 3 weeks ago, things blew up. We got in a huge fight, and he ended it. After talking with him, he said let's go on a 2 week no contact break, we will meet up, and discuss how we want to proceed. That whole time I did what was asked of me. I didn't call/text, email, facebook. It was tough, but I did it! 3 days before he is supposed to come see me, he calls me and tells me he is done, he fell out of love with me, he owes me nothing, and that he doesn't want to see or talk to me again. He said the whole reason we are in this situation is because of me, my issues, my problems, my inability to do this or do that. He ended it like a complete coward. He never came when he said he would, he ignored all my attempts at calling/texting. He just left me there, with no answers and no closure, just to pick up the pieces he left behind. After we broke up, everyone always told me how something was a little off with him. He was always overly into me, always liked to be the center of conversations, always liked to talk about himself, always seemed phony and over the top. Not sure if he is a full blown narc, or just has narcissitic tendancies. His mom is definitely one! She has no empathy. Also flashy. Always has to be the center of attention at all times and at all costs. Cannot go a single minute without making others feel bad and herself seem great. He and his mom don't get along, probably because they are so alike. I wonder if he got this from her. I wonder if what I am wondering is at all correct. Any help would be great!

Dec 15 - 10AM
strength1987
strength1987's picture

let me just add that this

Dec 15 - 11AM (Reply to #2)
gottagetoverit
gottagetoverit's picture

New supply in waiting?

Dec 15 - 4PM (Reply to #3)
round3
round3's picture

Ditto here with new supply