Peter640's Story

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Dec 15 - 3AM
Peter640
Peter640's picture

Peter640's Story

My Introduction to NPD

I am 45 year old male and here is my story.

Several months ago I meet an attractive and intelligent woman and we begin dating. She seems great. The whole package. Soon into the relationship she tells me about her ex bf with whom she says it's over.

In hindsight, her then ex bf is classic NPD. They had been dating for a year and he broke up with her out of the blue by email, saying he had met his "soulmate" half his age at a local laundromat. Plenty of other classic examples of NPD but I won't bore you with them.

So I laugh this story off assuming that no intelligent woman would ever go back to this guy. But I soon learn that they are still in contact and she wants to be friends with him and feels sorry for him. When laundromat girl breaks up with him, he even convinces her to call the girl to ask her to give him another chance. She lends him money, helps him move, etc.

Well, you know where this story is going. Her contact with Mr. NPD continues and suddenly,she tells me we are over. Although I am a great guy, something is missing. She says she only feels "it" with him and she needs to give him another chance. They are now back together even though she admits he put her through hell.

My questions:

(1) have women here had similar difficulty maintaining new relationships with guys who are not NPD? Is it possible that this woman will only have a relationship with a guy if he is NPD? To be honest, there were times when I considered being an asshole to this woman just to get her to stay with me.

(2) do women who have been with a man with NPD start to take on his behavior? Frankly, there were times when I feel like I was played by this woman to get her Narc back and that she was oblivious to my feelings.

Thanks for any input. I apologize for any typos. Writing this on my phone.

Dec 15 - 4AM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

This is an easy one

Dec 15 - 4AM (Reply to #8)
Peter640
Peter640's picture

Thanks

Dec 15 - 8AM (Reply to #9)
Done sourcing
Done sourcing's picture

Glad you get that she is not