LovesTheSmiths's Story

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sep 20 - 10AM
LovesTheSmiths
LovesTheSmiths's picture

LovesTheSmiths's Story

Hey Everyone

I'm not really gonna tell my story, but I'm Narc-free since end of July, and while it's been tough, I sometimes read stuff on this site, and many of you people have the best humour ever. I mean - I'd never heard Assclown before! Hysterical!!!
This keeps me going.
I'm fortunate that I have had good friends telling me the whole time that something was wrong with my Ex. And to be honest, when I started listening to myself, I knew it, too. I just didn't know how to get out.
In July, my beloved cousin Ryan died in a plane crash in South Dakota fighting the wildfires there. Ryan was one of the most generous, authentic people you could ever know.
As I was full into my grief of losing one of my favourite people in the world, my Ex started in on Narc rage, and it ended with him throwing water in my face when I expressed I was fed up.
In that moment, as my hair was dripping, I thought of Ryan, and how he would have kicked this guy's ass so bad, he'd never drink water again.
That was my 'ah-hah' moment.
I will never honour my cousin's short, but precious life by sharing any part of me with this empty shell of a person.

So, with your humour, support, stories, mutual anguish and hope for recovery, I take a step forward every day to get to a place I was before all this damaged me.
I can't undo the damage, but I can begin to dilute the poison a little more every day until my cup flows clean again.
Hurting or not hurting, they are the sad, empty-hearted ones, NOT US!
We can and will love, and Praise God for that!!

So, with all my heart - HANG IN, don't GIVE IN!!!

God bless!

Sep 22 - 11PM
virgoluv
virgoluv's picture

Amen

Sep 21 - 7AM
spinning
spinning's picture

Wow, LTS, I love this

spinning

Sep 22 - 11PM (Reply to #4)
LovesTheSmiths