NC and the D&D thing

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 May 11 - 2PM
Costa
Costa's picture

NC and the D&D thing

No, I don't have this under control at all. I'm struggling with NC plain and simple. Any contact gives this narc the power, its so frustrating.

Devalued and Discarded, I was thinking purely in local physical terms, denying it relates to Communication. We never had good communication in person, but by email or FB or TXT its like its a game to her, played in her mad world.

It simply reinforces that Its All About Her, any communication.

The D&D occurs with any communication, we have. She contacts me, I interact expecting a coherent response, then nothing. D&D again. D&D again. This must be the repeated cycle of D&D talked about so much, A few bits of bait, how is so-and-so, send some pics. Thats what hooks me. Its the addiction.

A phone counsellor confirmed yes, NC, even for family members, for any narc. It was a similar-aged step-daughter in her case, the one N amongst 5 children from two families. I've been such a fool to stay connected, easily hooked, addicted. Its already been a year of your life, the counsellor said.

Back to my 1st position, that its best for the 3 of us. Her off my hands, NM is happy, she now has Supply 24/7 and its no longer or was never my problem. Am continuing to read much here at TPF.

Step 3, No Contact. Step 4, Get Real. Step 5, Wake Up.
Its sinking in. Its difficult. Must get towards Step 6.

Thank you, good luck, and best to all here.

Jul 1 - 2PM
d. talks
d. talks's picture

costa

Jul 2 - 1AM (Reply to #6)
Costa
Costa's picture

thank you for the feedback

May 13 - 8AM
TNR1
TNR1's picture

Hey Costa....yes, NC is the