Troubled

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 14 - 11PM
phantom adoration
phantom adoration's picture

Troubled

Okay, I gotta tell you I am really disturbed by the trend among recent posts.
So many of us are struggling to keep no contact, literally sitting on our hands to avoid calling, texting, emailing or the worst form of contact, the one that will cause the most damage, confrontation and revenge.
There are those among us with a year or more NC, some more, some with many months, weeks and some with only a day. To make that decision they read, talked, journaled, listened, read some more, listened. Virgin victims who find the site begin by sharing, maybe not the whole story but snippets, and they ask a lot of questions because the forum community invites and encourages venting, it is the first step.
Some have begun posting the same question every which way, even if there are a few days or even weeks since they last asked...as if time will change the response. But what if...and how about...and yeah but...I am angry, and I am hurt, and I am sad, and he said this and he said that and, and, and, all seeking an answer that cannot be found here. We answer the questions with reason, experience, been there, done that, yet it continues to be asked. So we answer gently, we answer kindly and it is asked again, so we answer firmly, and once again it is asked, so some continue to be gentle, some, despite trying, answer with a trace of frustration, and when the question is asked yet again, some continue to try and get through to the poster, some just stop answering. Wish we could draw a picture.
Honestly, I been on here for just a few months but I have never seen the question: can I just tell him off, can I just do it one time, can I get revenge, can I call the wife, the OW, the kids?...asked so many times and in so many ways.
Those of us who have managed to stay NC have worked really hard, have bled, fallen, lost sleep, lost weight, lost friends, lost trust, lost self esteem but still manage to reach out to fellow victims because we know someone took the time, stepped away from their suffering for just a moment, put us first, for just a moment lent a hand and guided us on the path forward so we might know there was hope. We were assured and now we assure those that have signed up for this emotional boot camp that it does get better.
But I am here to tell you:
DOING THE WORK IS NOT FOR SISSIES.
I cry everyday! I am lonely everyday! I read about NPD everyday! I journal everyday! I read the forum everyday!
I am on the front line everyday fighting for me! But, I stand taller, laugh, I plan life around me, I am #1, I am kind, I am smart and I AM IMPORTANT and I am happy to help the new enlistees everyday, to a point.
Sing but change the lyrics. Time for a new question.

Apr 15 - 8AM
ruby01 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

This is so true,

Apr 15 - 9AM (Reply to #11)
phantom adoration
phantom adoration's picture

Members

Apr 15 - 9AM (Reply to #12)
Used
Used's picture

phantom adoration