GP's Story

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mar 27 - 12PM
GP
GP's picture

GP's Story

Very Broken doing OK

My story is like anyone else who had to deal with a Narcissistic cheating ex. He lured me in so fast, I was a single mom with a 3 yr old. He showered us with his love ect.. I couldn't believe it, almost to good to be true. We married after finding out I was pregnant, no ring just a simple wedding band, no fancy wedding with the promise I would get a big one later. I was content with child on the way. I was very much in love and he was as well, so I thought. It got worse after my third child was born.
I was starting to catch on to things very early on with him, for one he did what he wanted and whenever he wanted. He would get mad when I asked him where he was and why so long. He began to start fights with me and always say I started them which gave him an excuse to leave. He flirted with every female that made eye contact with. He would stop and talk with everyone. Laws didn't matter to him, he's a big hunter and he always poached and everything. I would say something to him and he'd just laugh.
My family stopped visiting because they felt very uncomfortable with him, he didn't like them for no reason. I'm still good friends with his mother & Family. His lying got worse he was never he said he was, I know he was cheating but he would just say I was crazy and need help for my issues.
The biggest flag was when he came home one day and said we were moving, our house was almost paid off and found this strange. We did move and he got worse. So I told him to speak up or I was leaving. He announced on Valentines Day he wanted out of this marriage he wasn't happy. For months I cried because at the time I didn't know what was wrong and there were days he would come over acting remorseful and wanted sex. Stupid me gave in because all I wanted was my family back. He had me arrested one day when he came in the house shouting at me for selling his guns on ebay. He pushed me out of the door frame so I pushed him back, so I got arrested in front of my kids. That all ended July 2009 my divorce was final. It took me almost three years to get where I'm at. I lost tons of weight, seeing a therapist, and all my friends are back in my life.
Thanks to these sites I'm educated on this topic. Shortly after my divorce I found out that he had been having an 8 yr affair with a so called friend. She pretended to be friends so she could get info about me for my ex. Example the divorce was bitter with her help she told him everything I was doing with my lawyer. He screwed me in court he lied, stole from me and cheated for a long time. Very painful on the level of betrayal I got from the both of them..
I moved about 3 hrs away from him, have a new house and three great kids. July will make 3 yrs since my divorce and I'm in a healthier path now. The ex has since married his affair partner after the kids begged him not to. I only accept calls from him if he has the kids. My oldest has cut all contact with him and my son hasn't gone up in 7 months and my youngest only goes once in a while. Kids are doing great and I'm somewhat happier and at piece.
I forgave myself for my wrongdoing, I try to have no contact with either of them, his new wife is just as bad as him and both are very damaged people. I just hope their relationship last.

Apr 4 - 8PM
Janie53
Janie53's picture

I'm new here as well and

Apr 3 - 10AM
Sparrow
Sparrow's picture

Sounds like at the time, to

Mar 27 - 1PM
Layla
Layla's picture

Welcome GP.