Warning about NC

Warning about NC

Warning:

I went NC with my Narc in 1999 (for a second time). I did not receive a hoover attempt until I got on FB in 2009. Contact was reestablished and lasted until Jan. 2012. Each time they suck you back in with their supernatural/evil skills, it's worse than before. I healed over those 10 years and became forgiving and thought I was strong enough to become FB friends with him. Nope. Just be careful and don't get too confident that you can handle contact with him if he tries to hoover after you feel you have recovered. Stay NC FOREVER. They have a manipulative dexterity almost equal to Satan himself.

Hunter's picture

They never go away..

They never go away..

dudette's picture

Thanks for the reminder

I am almost 2 years out and fairly confident that I shall never get hoovered. However, he is recycling someone after 35 years so you never know....

Maggster's picture

Thank you for the warning...

this just confirms that they are a toxic addiction, a drink for the alcoholic, a fix for the heroin addict- each has the potential to kill us. No thanks, not for me. I'm going to print your post and keep with it with me at all times. Thank you for sharing and stay strong!

Maggster's picture

Thank you for the warning...

this just confirms that they are a toxic addiction, a drink for the alcoholic, a fix for the heroin addict- each has the potential to kill us. No thanks, not for me. I'm going to print your post and keep with it with me at all times. Thank you for sharing and stay strong!

Layla's picture

Yes they do get worse.

I think that the reason for this is because they ALWAYS have the ability to be worse than we are seeing they hide their true selves. The more boundaries of ours they CAN cross, the more boundaries they will TRY to cross. They up the ante for full control over our very beings. Power and control. This is what they are all about. This is what they want so they can keep their backup supply while constantly seeking new supply. It's a never ending roller coaster ride that only ends when WE end it.

I too had taken my abuser back several times before I finally went NC for good 9 months ago. I know he is what he was long before I met him, and he is what he will always be. A PDI. I had nothing to do with his disorder, and I cannot help him. No one can. Our only option is to walk away and not look back if we wish to save ourselves. And that is truly what we are doing, saving ourselves from an emotional vampire, an abuser of body and soul.

love~ Layla