Don't think it was love!

Don't think it was love!

Don't even think it was true love or we can ever really know WHAT they felt for us - stop thinking you lost a person that could love back! or be sympathetic

I have mourned the loss of love so much from the start!!

freaked's picture

Life

haha good post.
we better learn to love our own self first. seriously.
I AM.

and, i am amazed that I missed out on such a good thing called ME.

glad I am not that wilted wimp any longer !!!!

Viva 2012 and positive energies generated by good souls.

wsh's picture

Oh my.......Newlifeway......

even in your pain, you have found GREAT WISDOM! What a wonderful GIFT for YOU.

And for the rest of US because you shared.

THANK YOU & God Bless!

Sparrow's picture

The love you felt for him was

The love you felt for him was real. And that is what is important. Always remember that YOU were capable of loving and will be again one day. It isnt important whether they are capable of loving any more. What is important is you are.

We eventually put the N behind us, where they belong, and find ourselves still capable of all the emotions we had when we met them. But possess the ability to keep the N's of the world at bey.

They may not have honestly loved us, but we loved, and it was a beautiful thing, because WE are beautiful!

Stay strong and continue NC. Love will come again, it will be worth the wait.

fearlessfemale's picture

you get it..newlifeway

this is great understanding and acceptance on your part.
still hurts like hell because from where you sit...your love for him was real.

What they feel for us is totally different and you are right, it's not love...it's the fact you adored him, you admired him to the extreme, you put him on a pedastal.
He loves the fact you loved him. I assure you inside he has been tormented with trying to figure out how to love you back the way you loved him...he just doesnt' get it.
He has no empathy for you honey...you are right...he can only feel for himself and his needs..ALL ABOUT HIM.
THIS IS WHAT he was after...this is what he got from you.

He hasn't the ability to feel love as you are gifted with.
He's disordered. You are a normal healthy good hearted person and I know you will find someone deserving when that day comes for you and you are ready. Continue to heal yourself and love your children. This is good.
You are going to be just fine...I know it!

-fefe

shock and awe.some's picture

Yes i read your wise words

That is true. I was with my XNBF almost 2 years. I could feel hm slip away after 6 months. But for me at least, I felt LOVE & I felt LOVED. He was so convincing & seemingly sincere. Yet I knew something was wrong & I didn't trust my gut. He fooled me but I also fooled myself. A double whammie!!!Like a damn game show.