question about age?

question about age?

OK - quick question about narcs...one of my friends married someone 23 years older than her - he is 66, she is 43.

He left his ex-wife to marry her and did so a week after the divorce was final. He lost his business last year and is now telling people that he is 48, not 66...

is this "normal" for narcs to lie about their age like this?

cant smile without you's picture

mine was 48 when i met him he

mine was 48 when i met him he lied to me for two weekes saying he was 38. i was 32. 5 years on he is now really 53 and dating a 29 year old model. his eldest son from his one and only marrige is 25. it is sick isnt it. yes rich yes steriod freak and yes with the plastic surgery....... yuuuuuuuk......
when he lived in our town his friends even the colse ones didnt even know he had kids of his own...he lied and said he couldnt have kids some of them think he is in his thiries still too.
what is wrong with this man?????
xxxxxxxxxxx

Snowflake's picture

Its really common

My N told me he was 45..I am 39, he owns a company so I just bought some info which told me his dob and that he was nearly 49.

My N is dreading being 50.

Age is just a number but I guess for a guy once you hit 50 esp if you already look 55, its harder to get the young girls off an affair site unless you dont have a pic and initially lie until you've reeled them in.

Deidre99's picture

he is telling people he is

he is telling people he is 48? hahahaha
did he change his name and identity? don't people who know him, know he's 66?

ugh. these narcs get sillier by the minute. hahahaha

and he must look good, however if he is ABLE to pass himself off as 48 when he's 66.

or people might be like...dang that guy looks like shit for being 48. hahahaha

this is hilarious.

they lie about whatever suits them. to answer your question.

onwithmylife's picture

my question

is why would a 43 year old woman marry such an old geezer, is he rich?

Snowflake's picture

onwithmylife

If its an N it doesnt matter how old they are, smelly they are etc..

Look at some of the descriptions on here of the Ns..big belly, same clothes, never washed etc.

Mine dressed well, went to they gym but still looked 55 facially and was small.

The mirror they mirror back at you blinds you from reality..very few are nice looking from what I've read/seen they just give you something you are missing inside.

If a goat could give you that then maybe we would all love goats..who knows just saying :)

Redhead's picture

Mine didn't..but I know a

Mine didn't..but I know a narc-sociopath who did all of the time.

SundaySmile's picture

mine did

He lied about his age - met him online. He told me in at the end of the first phone call because it was "suggested" he do so by his friends. When I later realized it was one of many lies, he said I TOLD YOU IN THE FIRST CALL

unreal

rosedewittbukater's picture

Lying about their age

OMG SundaySmile, mine lied about her age on her on-line dating profile then wrote a line further on in the profile saying this was "suggested" by her friend. WTF?

SundaySmile's picture

option

because it keeps them in a younger pool. For ex., there is study on marketing and online dating whereby women under 50 (even in their 40s) stay away from men who state their age as 50 and above.

And said EXN admitted that is why he did it. When I met him in person I was shocked at how much older he appeared in person. I don't mean by a yr. He looked much older. Much much less hair in real time. Dressed like a slob first date and in his pictures he dressed very professionally and nicely.

I am uncertain why the exN you had would do that. I can only guess.

butrfly's picture

Mine lied about his age to a

Mine lied about his age to a classmate. He said was 26 instead of 36. I found out later that this was because he was trying to hit on a 24 year old classmate. Who also failed to tell he was married. They are such big liars!