Jealous

Jealous

I've just got back from my son's school parents evening.all was fine with him and I did the proud mum thing but I had to stand and wait to see some of the teachers and it was bloody awful. Everyone seemed to be in couples and I felt like a spare part. Think I'm just feeling sorry for myself. Why couldn'the narc be normal? When he came into our lives he promised to look after all of us forever and be like a dad to my kids. What did I do to deserve such a horrible man? All I did was love him. He made me believe that it was all going to be perfect yet here i am on my own again and just feeling terrible this evening. God I hate him for what he did and I worry that I'll just keep feeling like this. Want it to stop now. I want him to disappear from my mind. I was so jealous of those couples tonight- that's just not like me at all. Gonna head up for a bubble bath. It'll be better in the morning . Big hugs to all,from a miserable moaning woman this evening who is going to eat the biggest piece of chocolate cake available xx

knighty2035's picture

Take

Take both arms... wrap them around yourself... now squeeze tight! That's the hug you need from all of us just for you! I know exactly how you feel, feel it, move through it, and don't dwell. The worst thing to do is beat yourself up for feeling it. It's a normal emotion for what we've all been through and not wrong in the least. To STAY in it would be bad... to feel it so you can keep moving beyond it, now that's progress!

HelpMeHeal's picture

You should be proud of your son....

..... And of yourself! You are doing a great job without the lying Narc. And I agree with Deidre, try not to get caught up in jealousy of other couples. They are probably stating together for the sake of their kids! ;)

Proud of you! Stay strong!

Deidre40's picture

who knows why we had to

who knows why we had to suffer through such horrible people. but, we did and we will learn and grow from it!

and to the other couples. people thought the same when looking at scott and lacy peterson. the perfect couple. hmmm....

things aren't always what they seem. people also thought the ex N and I looked so perfect and happy together. so...

don't be jealous. you'll find a beautiful human being some day...when it's right. and for now...you are beautiful and whole...all on your own! i sometimes think these things happened to us (some of us) because we had to learn to fall in love with ourselves...:) i am sending you a warm hug.

hope you had a good bubble bath and a yummy piece of cake!!