Florence's Story

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mar 5 - 4AM
Anonymous (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Florence's Story

I've never been one for labels, but I have to face up to the fact that I was a 'victim' of someone who fits all the criteria of a narcissist/psychopath. I haven't heard from nor been in contact with him for nearly 4 months, and I have no desire to speak to or see him, in fact, I physically shake just imagining the scenario. My biggest worry, is that he will catch me off guard one day and that is very exhausting, as I feel like I have to be 'on guard'. I think the idea of taking it in stages is very positive and helpful. Although I don't wish to see or speak to this creature, I still feel this so-called 'connection' which is totally bizarre, as in hindsight, we had nothing, special or otherwise. In terms of stages, I think I'm still very much in the fearful/angry zone. I think of elaborate plans to avenge the wrongs he did to me, but that's all they will ever be - as I recognise that to do ANYTHING that would connect me again to him in some way, would be the most dangerous thing to do. As a good friend said to me, my revenge is that I don't need to avenge myself, as I am a real person with real people about me who care. That means such a lot and I feel much better now than I did a few months ago. I just wish I could find a way to erase all memories of him from my brain, as none of them are good, or warrant being remembered - apart to serve as a warning for the future. I don't want to be bitter, twisted and vengeful, I never have been before. It really helps to know there are others out there that have been chewed up & spat out by these 'souls with no footprint'. Does anyone else have nightmares about it? Look forward to sharing support. florence.

Mar 5 - 6AM
Sparrow
Sparrow's picture

Good morning Florence.

Mar 5 - 5AM
Dorothy1
Dorothy1's picture

Florence, here we are, both

Mar 5 - 8AM (Reply to #4)
florence (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Stay strong