Yogaflowers Story

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Feb 14 - 5PM
yogaflower
yogaflower's picture

Yogaflowers Story

It's taken me ages to start to write this, a part of me feels like a failure for doing so but when i see so many similar stories, it just saddens me that there are so many men like this and that we have all suffered that same fate.
I met ex when he was 14 he was my younger brother's best friend and although 5 years older than him I always had a crush on him, he made me weak at the knees when he smiled at me. Over the years I always found myself asking after him and one day some 20years later I heard he had joined the army I was sad to hear this. A year passed and I decided out of the blue to contact him! (I must add that i had been in relationships throughout my life but always found myself wondering about him) Anyway i contacted him and we talked for days and one day he asked why I'd suddenly got in contact so I told him that I'd always had a crush on him, the first alarm bell was- " you'd be perfect"! then came the fact that he'd been married for a year but it had ended because 'she was a nutter' and he'd been accused of domestic violence. That scared a peace loving yoga person like me, but he assured me he'd paid the price and had been pushed to it and would never do it again and that he was having anger management therapy.
We got together a few months later and I was knocked off my feet, thought i'd finally got what I'd always wanted and was head over heals in love. Now because he was in the army it meant that i only got to see him every 6weeks or so and to begin with I thought that was normal, but over the months and years I realised it was me making the effort and me doing my best all the time to please this man that kept backing off yet when we were together made me feel like i was the best thing in the world and so i became addicted.
We used to split up a lot over text messages and then make up a few days later this went on for 4 years, eventually on one of his birthdays after I paid for a night in an expensive hotel he picked a fight out of no where and left me there.... I was completely heartbroken, confused etc... after 3 months of him ignoring my messages he suddenly got in touch saying he was in love with someone else. I fell apart. I then decided to move on and met a lovely man who treated me properly and loved me, a kind decent man. Not long after this ex started contacting me again saying that he'd made a huge mistake, he loved me and that he was leaving the army so that we could be together, so I ended it with nice man and went back to him, again I thought my dreams had come true. He moved in last July and was lovely to begin with but within a few weeks started to talk about wanting his own place and slowly picking me apart. We had times which were so lovely, family holidays, talks of marriage, plans for the future and yet in between this he was being more and more verbally abusive to me and creating arguments out of nowhere, after which he'd say he was going to stay with his brother for a few days to get some space. The lead up to Christmas was horrible with constant arguing as when asked if he was spending it with me he said i was putting pressure on him! He eventually spent xmas day on his own whilst I saw my family.
the week after christmas was lovely again until the 30th Dec when again he was under pressure again, the last straw for me was when he pushed me away on New Years Eve after reaching for a hug and i told him to leave.
After he left I started packing his things and to be honest I felt good, relieved, until I discovered via his computer that 3 weeks after he moved in he arranged to have sex with someone he'd met on Facebook, he didn't even know her yet he destroyed everything for sex with a stranger, after going through everything I realised that every time he started an argument it was because he used it as an excuse to get away and see her! So when I kicked him out he had no where to go but to her after 8 nights of sex! I phoned her and she told me that she trusted him because he'd been so honest, yeah right! and that he was only with me until he'd found his own place an that they where happy together?! To me he denied even knowing her and said I was paranoid and needed help, I actually had to read back messages to him to get him to realise I'd found out, I told him I wanted his stuff gone immediately and he came and got it a few days later saying " You said you'd always love me, well that was a lie" and i found myself saying "i do love you I always will, but you've messed it all up".
Since then he's telling people that he walked out on me and that i was a needy and desperate women who needed help, he's even tried to claim that he was just with me because of poor health!
Since then we've had very little contact, she on the other hand has phoned me a couple of times saying she's had a missed call from me, which she hasn't but I suspect she doesn't know where he is and thinks he might be with me?! It saddens me to think she's going to go through the same thing, I tried to warn her but she believes that he's the one for her as we all have.
What I find so hard is I still miss him? WHY? surely everything was a lie, I don't want him back yet I have this need to know he did love me but even if he said he did I wouldn't
believe him, so why do I still have this need to feel loved by him. I stupidly keep sending him messages saying that I hope we can be friends one day, and that i hope he's happy and that I wish him love, thats the kind of person I am, but he does't reply.
You know I printed off all the 'how to get over a narcissist' stuff and highlighted all the relevant bits about 90% of it he saw it when he came to get his stuff and actually said he didn't need any help getting other me I've got my own books!!! He's that much of a narcissist that he thought it was for him!!!!
Please help me never contact him again, the peace loving hippy in me thinks we should always have love in our hearts, but I'll never get it from him and I want to be free to meet someone who can give it back tenfold! I know it's only been 6 weeks and it wouldn't be human to be over it yet but i really want to be.

Feb 20 - 6PM
Sparrow
Sparrow's picture

I am so sorry Yogaflower. I

I am so sorry Yogaflower. I know how disappointed you are. Not just for breaking NC, but for getting the answer that you got from him. Makes you feel like you don't matter. And the sad truth is you don't. I have been there, I had the same things said and done to me. Most here have. It is a horrible reality. This is why it is so important not to break NC. Each time you break it, it becomes more and more painful. It shouldn't. I know. It should be easy...........be apart for a while and than come back to one another and realize a mistake was made by both of you and you resolve yourselves to never allow that to happen again. That is what happens in a normal relationship when things get tough. With a disordered person, the punishment become more and more severe. And his hatred for you will begin to grow with each attempt that is made to reach out to him. As far as he is concerned, he calls the shots. And he will tell you when you are to leave him alone and when you are to speak to him. The punishments will get worse with each time NC is broken. Lesson learned. You more than likely won't do that again. Don't be too hard on yourself. This is a long journey and mistakes are going to be made. That's what we are all here for. To help when needed, to support each other and guide each other. You are not alone here, and never will be. Day 1 of NC. It's all good. You will eventually succeed. Chin up!
Feb 14 - 7PM
Fearless
Fearless's picture

Yogaflower

How sweet you sound...and kind. YOU DESERVE BETTER. You are in the right place here...we won't judge, we know what a narcissist is because we all have a similar freakazoid who has done these similar acts to us. No explaining necessary. Stay here, read all you can read... You will get better and the feelings that you have in "missing him" will dwindle once things start to get clearer. More time away from him...no contact...completely away from him will give you the the clear vision of what he is and what he's done. He will soon become something that you don't miss at all. good luck in your mission and visit often...this site so beneficial and the knowledge and understanding you will gain is priceless. -fefe

FeFe

Feb 14 - 6PM
Sparrow
Sparrow's picture

The addiction is what you

The addiction is what you have to get over. The co-dependency.........that will come in time. You did your homework, and that's good. You have a good healthy start out of the gate and into recovery. He was a fantasy that came to life, and you want to hold on to that fantasy. But his mask is off, there is no turning back now. The fact is, he is a narc, always has been, and always will be. You on the other hand, are a peaceful, loving, empath. And will give and give until you have no more to give. He will take, and take until you have no more to take and than leave, which he did. Be thankful it ended when it did, and please know, there really isn't anything you can do for the OW. No more than anyone could have done for you when you were in the throws of his charms. It will all play out in the end. The start of your journey will be touch and go, but eventually you will reach an understanding and strength that you never even knew you had. There is so much to discover about yourself through your journey, the best advice I could give you, is to spend limited time on understanding him, and more time understanding you. It will all make perfect sense one day soon. Stay strong my fellow peace loving hippie friend! And welcome to the forum!
Feb 14 - 6PM (Reply to #2)
yogaflower
yogaflower's picture

Thank you Sparrow

Dear Sparrow, Your comments have brought tears to my eyes, it's so wonderful having this forum, haven't really been able to express how i feel to too many people and it's hard talking to friends and family because as soon as i tell them what really went on they wonder why I was ever with him but then of course they don't understand because they only saw the lovely charming version that everyone adored, and then I judge myself and feel a failure even more! You're absolutely right about spending less time trying to understand him and more time trying to understand myself, I'll get there. Thanks for your message and your strength.
Feb 14 - 8PM (Reply to #3)
Sparrow
Sparrow's picture

You are very welcome my

You are very welcome my friend. Educate yourself on the disorder, there s a lot to learn and a lot to understand, but honestly, it's pretty text book, they are all basically the same. None of them stand alone, although, in the beginning we like to think our N is different than the others. They are not. Once you learn the fundamentals, their wiring, their false persona and why they are the way they are, you will realize that they can not be fixed. You also will realize, most importantly, that their actions are NOT to be taken personally. It has absolutely nothing to do with who you are or what you did. Absolutely nothing. Once you gain this knowledge, and it really doesn't take too long. You than should shift gears and start to look at you, not to find fault or blame mind you, to discover what about YOU makes you a perfect target for the NPD. This journey to discovery, like I said, will be so enlightening and actually set you free. You will remember these words, trust me...............you are going to do great, as long as you stick to the three basic rules. No contact, no contact, no contact. :) Good luck, and again, welcome my friend!
Feb 16 - 5PM (Reply to #4)
yogaflower
yogaflower's picture

Made my mantra 'no contact no contact no contact!'

After reading these posts I went to bed and did a visualisation on seeing where the bonds were, sat myself in a white room and invited him in, gave back everything he gave to me good and bad, took back everything i gave to him and then i got him to leave the white room, checked to see if i still had any connections, realised that the most powerful ones were in my head, tried to clear those too and then fell asleep. Woke up feeling strong and happy reciting over sand over "no contact, no contact, no contact" been 2 days now without texting him, nearly did today as the real feelings started to surface and i felt so sad but instead I downloaded 'The Path forward' and sat and read it all, its all so true and exactly how it was, I'm still fighting the need to contact him, the addiction, but it's fading. Thank you all for this forum it really is a powerful tool and we all need to acknowledge how wonderful we all are and how we deserve so much more than a narc can ever give.
Feb 18 - 4PM (Reply to #5)
Sparrow
Sparrow's picture

Hi Yogaflower! Just checking

Hi Yogaflower! Just checking in to see how you are making out. I am glad you downloaded Lisa's book. You will find yourself reading it often! I know that it is hard at times, especially in the beginning to stay NC. But you can do it! It is so very important. Remember, contact=pain How are you making out since this last post?
Feb 19 - 3PM (Reply to #6)
yogaflower
yogaflower's picture

Calling Sparrow....

Hi Sparrow, I messed up badly today, went to see my brother and his family, first time i'd seen them since splitting up with Ex but it was so hard, had so many memories of him and my 3year old niece kept saying she wanted to see him and wanted to know when he was coming? Reality kicked in and it hurt like hell that he would never be there again. So i ended up texting him and he did reply but gave me nothing back, I asked him to tell me the truth about how he felt about me and he just replied" what truth? and that it didn't matter what he felt and to leave him alone!" I feel so sad and so upset that I failed in the no contact managed 4days and now I have to start again, just wish he was able to say sorry and that he did love me. I know it's a lot to expect to be over someone that you were with for 6 years and have known for 24 years but I really want the pain to stop...