5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Feb 4 - 8PM
davskiss
davskiss's picture

davskiss's story

I never thought it would happen to me.

How do I start?
I consider myself to be a bright, attractice, sensetive, intellectual, loving mother and kind fried; I never thought this would happen to me.
I met my N about 4 years ago (although it feels like ten years; that was the worst day of my life). For the last 3 years I have: been to numerous therapists, taken several anti-depression medications, taken sleeping pills, drink heavily ( normally I'm athletic and shun alcohol), and have been on a physical and mental self destructive pattern since "the devil" showed up at my door.
I met my N while he was still married with two kids. When we met, he made his ex-wife out to be the Satin's daughter. I believed everything he told me. He said they were divorced and separated, they were not. He said that he has joint custody; he hasn't seen the kids in three years. He said he pays child support; she hasn't seen a dollar for three years. He said that he was the breadwinner; he basically was/is a bum who lives off of any woman that will let him. He said he had a job, he was/is unemployed. If you have ever seen Superman, you know the term/word "Bizarro". In the Bizarro world of "Htrae" ("Earth" spelled backwards), society is ruled by the Bizarro Code which states "Us do opposite of all Earthly things! That has been my life as of late. All I can keep saying is "OMG, this is CRAZY". OMG, I'm CRAZY! OMG, he is CRAZY. It's kinda funny now that I know what is happening to me, I just never thought I was so vulnerable as to get caught in the net of such a monster!
I feel guilty and sad, we now have twins (girls) and I feel so bad that I brought them into such a mess! I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't function when he is around. He is a walking, talking Chaos machine. He uses GOD and religion to make sure he tells me, no less than 30 times per day, how worthless, powerless and sinful I am. I mean it has gotten to a point where I have to have earphones handy just to tune him out! He follows me from room to room to "give me GODS WORD", and because I'm such a sinner, I need to listen and submit before GOD (him, but he uses the word GOD). He has got it bad..I have never met such a tyrant.
I feel trapped, I need to get out. But I don't know where to go?? I have two little babies and I'm not sure if I can do this solo. Everyone around me thinks I'm crazy or on drugs..lol. They know the truth because I tell them; they don't understand what I'm going through. I feel like an idiot. He is nice for one day, and them abusive (in the name of GOD) for seven.
I'm happy found you all. I don't feel so guilty about making plans to leave.

Feb 5 - 12AM
davskiss
davskiss's picture

So you "do" understand...

You all are so awesome! I just told my mom about a place online where I can go, vent, tell my story and find help for my situation. She says" wait, there is an actual site for what you "think" you are going through"? Sigh.. It is so wonderful to hear other people who can "feel" my pain. I always said, once things get physical, then I'm OUT! Wait, how crazy is that? Physical, really?? We had our first ever physical altercation last Sunday which lead me to sport all kind of bruises, scratches and the like. He told me "if I wasn’t so disobedient, then it would have never got that far". So, it was not his fault, he is only following what GOD tells him to do to a "disobedient woman". So I'm a dog now? Is he now the freaking Dog Whisperer? Although my body is bruised and tattered, my mind is in a much worse condition. I have to break free, sooner rather than later. Does anyone have advice, or FIRST STEPS one would take to get free? Anything you can offer, I will gladly embrace :o(
Feb 5 - 1AM (Reply to #4)
Im_always_fine
Im_always_fine's picture

One of the first things you

One of the first things you can do. It's very important to KNOW with every cell of your being that you are NOT the crazy one. Get that through your head. Counter the lies he has planted in your mind with the truth. You are NOT bad, crazy, disobedient, sinful, or even wrong at all. He has taught you to question your own judgement and to rely on his. You MUST trust yourself again. Because it's YOU that is going to get you out of this. Breaking free can be complicated and in your case dangerous. You will have to really LISTEN to your intuition. If you feel like he's been outside...he has. If you feel like he's checking up on you...he is. If you feel like he's watching you...he is. If you feel you are in danger...you are. Women's intuition is astoundingly accurate and is highly active when we are threatened. TRUST it.
Feb 4 - 9PM
Stillstanding
Stillstanding's picture

I never thought it would

I never thought it would happen to me either. I've lived in hell for eight years but now that I think about it, I'm grateful because it's allowed me to learn and accept things from my past that led me to my narc. Knowledge is power and I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I don't want to make the same mistakes again. My ex uses our daughter all the time to make himself look good, even though he's always been a terrible dad. Hugs to you. I know it's hard and hopefully you can overcome this if not for you but for daughters.
Feb 4 - 9PM
Armed
Armed's picture

Huggs for davskiss...

Wow, your ex sounds a lot like mine. They will lie about any and everything in order to place themselves in a perfect light. Notice everything he said was polar opposite. Mine did the exact same thing. He too, talked about his child's mother when he was the bad parent. One thing we've learned is to take what they say and flip it, then it's truth. I hate that he uses religion to put you down and place himself on a pedestal, talk about a real wolf in sheeps clothing. Anytime anyone is super excessive about anything, which narcs usually are ( flattery, charm, lies) it is superficial. Super huge red flag " all my exes are crazy, psycho, bitchy, gold diggers"....it's all projective identification. He is all of those things and they use that ploy to hook us and make us feel sorry for them. Its actually a manipulative ploy to make us work harder than the alleged pycho ex, to prove we are much better and different. It's just a mental fu*k!!!! Mind control at its best. We all fell for it, don't feel like an outcast. Remember that it is not your fault and you like many of us here believed there was good in everyone, you're trusting and empathetic and that makes you a jewel. He is everything you are not. Use what youve learned to protect yourself. Armed