SammyP's Story

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Feb 1 - 8AM
Anonymous (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

SammyP's Story

Praying and Seeking Support

I am not sure if I am posting in the right place, but I am VERY new here. I am pretty honest with my title and hope that perhaps the healing can begin now.

I have always been a very loving, empathetic person and 2.5yrs ago, I met what I considered the man of my dreams. I KNEW he was the one the moment I met him. We had a whirlwhind romance and being that he was very wealthy, he took me to the best places, bought me everything and spoiled me. I was all in with this guy. He could look at me a certain way, write the most stunning emails, and we had the best intimacy EVER. He would always drop marriage hints and I was hooked... it was like a drug.

Now that I look back, the signs were popping up along the way and i thought maybe it was just a 'bad day' for him. I begin walking on eggshells over a year ago and it got worse. I kept excusing it thinking it was work related, or maybe money stressors, or maybe I said something wrong.

Everything I said was wrong, I started getting corrected, critiqued, my opinion was never valued, I was always spoken over...I became a YES girl. I would get called horrible names, yelled at and somewhere along the way, I found MYSELF saying I am sorry to him. It's messed up. He would be so CALLOUS to me, then apologize, then baby me, then say he would never do it again.....REPEAT that a million times.

I begin searching the internet about BiPolar, because I literally could not figure out what the heck was going on. His moods would swing SO HARD and I realized that he treated everyone 'close' to him horribly. He would use people and discard them like nothing,and move on as if they didnt exist. Hes burned so many bridges and me being the loyal girl, I just kept being his support system.

A few months back, he went nuts on me. I mean, I was face down in my bed for 2 solid days and I finally turned off my phone and computer. That drove him nuts and he chased me hard for 3 weeks. I finally caved and it was wonderful for 2 weeks and then BOOM... the horrible treatment came back again. WHY DID I KEEP FORGIVING HIM? WHY WAS I THE ONE ALWAYS APOLOGIZING?

He swore he would change if I gave him a second chance, and I have given him a billion chances. Fact is, I found out about many other woman and confronted him. He toyed with it for awhile, but finally told the truth. Oddly,he explained that when I wasnt around he was lonely....so again, almost as if he was fishing for sympathy. I am just devastated. I have not seen him in 5 weeks and I am doing my absolutely best to move on. He asked me to marry him a couple of months ago and gave me a big ring, and I loved this guy so much that if we did counseling, I thought it could work. I wanted to go back to the way it was... I asked him to schedule counseling, and of course, he lied to me about it. He never did, when he said he did and I am just so TIRED and OVER it.

We have had contact and almost just placating his ego by answering a few here and there, but I know I am doing the right thing. But, if I am to be honest, my heart and stomach is hurting right this second. I realize this man is unhealthy and I cannot be with him, but it is so dang hard, because I have been sucked in. Dating someone with NPD is like signing up for brain damage. I have some of the whackiest off the wall emails, that are manipulative, vile, etc.

I am in counseling and have been privately for 4 weeks because if he knew he would probably say that he was right about me having mental illness. Damned if I do, damned if I don't...

Fact is the only thing I am suffering from is having a mentally ill man and a crushed heart.

Anything you can say to me right now would be of so much help and I am here to say, that I am truly working hard to move forward and any tips that you can provide, I will soak up like a sponge.

Bless you for helping me and thank YOU in advance.

Feb 8 - 8PM
pamela1
pamela1's picture

I can relate to your story

I can relate to your story 100 percent. I never saw it coming either. I never understood the HARD mood swings. I even thought perhaps drugs were involved. Could have been. I guess you never really know someone. I'm away from my xN for almost a month now and the ache in my chest is I am finally starting to lift. Thank you for your story..
Feb 1 - 9AM
Sparrow
Sparrow's picture

This will hurt for quite some

This will hurt for quite some time. Hang in there though, it does get better, and easier a bit each day, once your start to process everything and start your journey to healing. Like Hunter said, there are but a few spots left, you may want to jump in on this opportunity. You may find it extremely helpful. Knowing what you are dealing with and faced with is half the battle. Good luck and be strong!
Feb 1 - 8AM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Welcome to Narcville.. Help

Welcome to Narcville.. Help is here.. Get familiar with the site.. For the first time..we are offering a support group.. Get in on the Narcville action there are only a few spots left.. We know all about life in Narcville ..it's a long road but next year at this time hopefully we can send you your eviction papers.. Hunter
Feb 1 - 10AM (Reply to #14)
SammyP (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Please help me understand

Please help me understand what narcville is? Few spots? Thank you!
Feb 1 - 10AM (Reply to #15)
Hunter
Hunter's picture

http://www.lisaescott.com/201

http://www.lisaescott.com/2012/01/19/support-groups-now-offered-path-forward You are in Narcville and if you don't do the work you will never exit!! Hunter
Feb 1 - 8AM
cdngemini
cdngemini's picture

I understand your story

OMG - we almost share the same story. For an entire year I have felt I was the "broken" one, I was always apologizing while all along I have been feeding into his insecurities. You realize that they are the broken ones. Mine comes and goes out of my life since the day I kicked him out of my house for finding out about his on-line dating with women. He says he never cheated, but come on, like going on line isn't bad enough. I'm sorry you went through this - I too am new to this site and when I found it yesterday it's like a lightbulb in my head went one. This is who I have been dating for the past year. I'm here for you - please know that - CL
Feb 1 - 8AM (Reply to #11)
SammyP (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Thank YOU! I am reading this

Thank YOU! I am reading this site and almost feel as if we all dated the same person. It's just surreal and right now, I am going through a rollercoaster of emotions. I think of all the good times and just want that back, and then I made myself make a long list of the bad times and they are BAD. Whenever I get sad, I just read that list. It hurts. It HURTS. Thank YOU!
Feb 1 - 8AM (Reply to #12)
cdngemini
cdngemini's picture

no more tears

I no longer want to feel tears and fear coming down my face. How do we get through this torture
Feb 1 - 8AM
gratefuljen
gratefuljen's picture

I am so sorry, welcome to this site. It's a long, hard journey,

But it's worth it. Read posts here and everywhere, about npd, and the other personality disordered. Follow the steps, GO NO CONTACT.
Feb 1 - 8AM (Reply to #2)
cdngemini
cdngemini's picture

NO CONTACT is HARD

Mine wants to see me 2 x week. He doesn't email, text or call for 4 days - then says "if you are free, I would love to see you". All of his things are still at my place in the basement including his mattress. Why would he leave these things? Do people like this play games - almost teaching us a lesson? I wish I knew what his game was - he said he loves me so much before leaving when we see each other. He says he wants to take baby steps - WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
Feb 1 - 8AM (Reply to #7)
SammyP (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

It is one big mindscrew in my

It is one big mindscrew in my opinion. The minute you say yes, he has gotten his supply. He knows you are there and so he just moves on with this ways, why you sit there pining and loving him. (Speaking from experience) My man swore he never cheated on me, yet, just had woman over for company. I mean, really? If you are lonely, get a dog. Dating an NPD man is like signing up for brainwashing. You literally forget who you are and you cant even remember things, and you become his puppet. He is messing with you. Trust me, he has you right where he wants you. I don't doubt he loves you in his own warped way, but it is a SICK LOVE.
Feb 1 - 8AM (Reply to #8)
cdngemini
cdngemini's picture

I'm scared

Scared of walking away - more scared of staying. How do you just turn off your feelings overnight.........how? Through this past year is like he brainwashed me in thinking there is nobody else out there that will understand me like him. That will love me like him. Is it possible he's right? OMG - see what he's done - doubting myself
Feb 2 - 12PM (Reply to #9)
kartaga
kartaga's picture

nobody else will love you like him?

nobody else will love you like him? mine said the same thing. i answered - i certainly hope so, i deserve better than that, you SOB.
Feb 1 - 8AM (Reply to #4)
Used
Used's picture

cdn

WELCOME TO THE FORUM...SORRY YOU HAVE TO BE HERE... AS TO WHAT THIS MEANS...ABOUT BABY STEPS, IT MEANS HE WILL CALL YOU DONT CALL HIM... WHEN HE PHONES EVERY 4DAYS MEANS HE IS BUSY GATHERING SUPPLY ON THE OTHER DAYS....SORRY BUT THATS THE WAY THEY ROLL...ALL ABOUT HIM... IF YOU TELL SOMEONE YOU LOVE THEM AS HE TELLS YOU....THATS NOT BABY STEPS IS IT?...BABYSTEPS IS NOT TELLING YOU LOVE SOMEONE ....
Feb 1 - 8AM (Reply to #5)
cdngemini
cdngemini's picture

BABY STEPS

sometimes I think if I give him the space - in time he will see how good he had it and comes back. This guy doesn't have much - I offered him to live with me in a beautiful home. Why would a guy mess that up? At 46 with no children, and a beautiful girlfriend, why would he mess that up? I need to understand this -
Feb 1 - 8AM (Reply to #6)
Used
Used's picture

cdn

If you go to the left and read the six steps...you will get all the answers you need to know.. There is a support group beginning on 8th feb, i think this would be ideal for you ....you will get such great feedback...also goldie offers A ONE 2 ONE, that is great boon to the members here who have done it... Have you LISA E SCOTT,S BOOKS... THESE ARE REALY AN EYEOPENER FOR ALL OF US....
Feb 1 - 8AM (Reply to #3)
Hunter
Hunter's picture

It means he's a narc.. Tools

It means he's a narc.. Tools to ensure he will have supply.. Please read the site.. The answers to your questions are all here.. Hunter