Goodbye Jimmy

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Dec 15 - 12PM
WiserNow30
WiserNow30's picture

Goodbye Jimmy

Dear Jimmy,

I really don’t know what happened in your life to cause you to be the way you are. You pretend to love and care but in fact you only know how to lie and manipulate your way through life. You are pathetic and sad in a way that is lower than low.

Do I feel sorry for you? Yes, I do but not for the reasons that you might think.

Even though at times I’ve thought you weren’t human because of your remorselessness and total lack of ability to empathize, you are in fact human and possess an eternal soul. Your body is going to get older. You’re going to lose your looks and your health and probably die pitiful and alone. Maybe you’ll have more ex-wives by then and possibly even some children. But I doubt they’ll be at your bedside when you die. As has happened numerous times in your life already, everyone that becomes close to you figures out who you are and eventually wants nothing to do with you.

So why do I feel sorry for you? I know that when you die you’re going to have to stand in front of the God of the entire universe and explain yourself. You’re going to have to explain the numerous times that you attended church with me, heard the truth from the Word of God, were offered the free gift of salvation through the shed blood of Jesus Christ and refused it. You’re going to have to explain the darkness of your sin and why you’ve made the choices you’ve made to hurt and use countless people.

Of course, you’re not going to have a good explanation for any of your actions. Right there while standing in front of God, your eyes will be opened to the truth and you’re going to realize that it’s too late for your soul to be saved. At that moment you’re going to realize that none of the money, women, power and other Earthly things that you desperately tried to obtain matter.

Do I wish any of these things on you? No, I don’t. I don’t wish eternal separation from God on anyone. I wrote down and prayed the following prayer for you countless times:

"Jesus, I'm coming to You because I know I need to forgive Jimmy. I am bringing the hurt to You and laying it all at Your feet. Your Word says I must forgive the one who has hurt me. So, I here and now make the decision to forgive him. I ask that you please change Jimmy’s heart and his life before it’s too late. Please show him who You are and how much You love him. Please show him that he doesn’t have to be perfect to be accepted and forgiven by You.
Jimmy is no longer accountable to me for those hurts. I put him in Your hands because You are the only One who can handle this. Thank you Lord, for loving and forgiving me. Thank You for enabling me to forgive Jimmy. And thank You, Jesus, for setting me free."

Jimmy, do you have any idea how long forever is? Your short few years spent on Earth and the decisions you’ve made will determine where you’ll spend eternity. And you’re going to have a lot of time to think about it. The choice is yours.

Dec 16 - 7AM
whskywmn5
whskywmn5's picture

Absolutely beautiful

What a beautiful goodbye letter, one you put much thought and heart into. Mine was always accusing me of doing all these things, and I always told him that I could stand before GOD and he would know the truth of what actually happened.....as for him when he stood before GOD he would be the one answering for all the pain and suffering he inflicted on the ones that loved him the most.