anquilla's story

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Nov 24 - 7AM
anquilla
anquilla's picture

anquilla's story

8 years down the drain

I am 21. I have been in a relationship since I was in high school, with M. I am not sure exactly whether M is a Narc, but sometimes I see all those traits in M. I'm very confused, please tell me whats wrong with me..! My story goes like this ( sorry if its very long).

M and I were very very rock in early 2010. We would fight a lot but we would always come back to each other and apologise. One time, M was unreachable by phone, email you name it for about 3 days. When he returned, he said to me "I dont have any feelings for you at all, I think we should break up". I begged M not to go and I said maybe this is all just a phase, please lets give it a few days time. He said no. So I said okay. In this time I had a male friend. He was consoling me about my whole situation. About 5 days later, M called me and demanded ''how come you havn't called me ??" and I said, well because you broke up with me. A few days went by and my male friend kept consoling me to the point where i started to develop feelings for him and he started to develop feelings for me. I believe this is the sole reason why I was able to step away from M.

Anyways, when M found out about my feelings for my male friend he went crazy and tried every avenue to get me back. I didnt go back. I didnt budge at all! Then a few weeks later, a female friend of M's started to tell me who he is getting engaged and what not and hes living with a girl and I was very surprised. She kept telling me he still loved me but was just trying to fill my space and so he was with her. Anyways, many lies were told about his 'fiance'. Eventually, I realised I still loved M and I went back to M ( but only after he pursued me profusely for months and months).

We officially got back together about October last year. He said he called off the engagement and all that and it was only just me and him. Since then we have had our normal relationship which consists of a great deal of arguments fighting and what not. But I noticed a change. He would always hang up on me when we fought and wouldnt call back for days, and I'd find him on another call a lot of the times. When I questioned it, he said it was some male friend of his. He was always very secretive with his phone and wouldnt let me ever look through. If I ever did look through things would be wiped out and what not.

Anyways, recently, I found out he was cheating on me with this 'fiance' of his for 1.5 years!!! I also found out , all that stuff about her that he told me was complete lies! it was all just fabricated to make me jealous and make me come back to him . He was never ever even engaged, he hadnt ever even seen her face to face because she lives in another city and they met through an online dating website. (by the time i found out all this, he had gone to see her in the city and when he was there he calle dme one night and confessed his UNDYING love for me..he was there to see her though!) (btw he lied to the other girl too, she often asked if i was still in the picture but he would deny it and say no. But she told me he would bring me up a lot ..i dont know why)

anyways, I am very confused. I told him I'll give you 6 months to work yourself out and no contact with me. He says can I speak to the OW and I say no you should try work out who you want. Anyways,I went no contact with him and said if u need to contact me do so through my brother. Since this, he has been calling her NON STOP like 50 times a day and what not. She changed her number twice but he starts to call her house phone and what not. Today, he flew to her city to see her and "see how he really feels for her". While there, I call him to tell him I am no longer waiting for him and he says to me that he loves her and he never loved me for 1.5 years. It broke me . He was/is everything to me .

He even says, not sure if this is true though since he lies so much, that he trusts me more than anyone including her. And i said well u can say that about her too since you;ve been telling us both u love us. He said it wouldnt feel right if he told her that. He also thinks I am a complete guarantee, he told me that he thinks I will never leave him.

Hes gone to express his undying love and get her back. I dont know how to make sense of all this . Any comments are immensely appreciated!!!!!

Nov 26 - 9AM
agnesmurphy17
agnesmurphy17's picture

Dump Him

He's a liar and a manipulator. He will keep you on a line for as many years as you let him. He will be in & out of your life as long as you allow. No kind and loving man plays two women like this. It's all power & control. Don't waste your twenties on this man. Do not have his child. Move on now. Never look back. Block him. Change your number. NO CONTACT like NOW. No discussions or explanations. You get off easy now. He loves her. Says so. OK. It's over. Good Luck M! That's a perfect ending.
Nov 28 - 4PM (Reply to #6)
anquilla
anquilla's picture

I think I finally have

I think I finally have closure. He went to the other city to sort stuff out with OW. I told OW to get back to me about their decision, and she never did. Now, basically, he tells me he didnt love me for a year and I was the one to blame because of what happened last year. He tells me that he loves her immensely. He couldnt care less about me, thats no doubt. If she stops speaking to him, he asks me to speak to her for him. IS THAT NOT INSANE? He even says to me, can you please tell her you have no feelings for me, cause she keeps thinking you do. He even wanted me to give him his word that I would get out of their lives. I have finally decided, that enough is enough and I would like to get on with my life. This does not mean meet new guys or anything as I am not like that. It just means, be me. I wonder sometimes: Will this guy ever come back asking/begging for me because he made a mistake or something a rather? And generally, with no contact, will he contact me sometime? If so when and why ? He loves this OW a lot.
Nov 24 - 9AM
Done sourcing
Done sourcing's picture

This guy is a classic

This guy is a classic manipulator who can not be alone for anytime at all. Read about triangulation, where the sick one has two people to pay attention to him and chase after him. Maybe even more than two because he is always looking for more and new and different. You already know what to do, but you are addicted to the drama and the attention you get talking about it and feeling all of the emotions that this relationship lets you feel. In your heart you know he will never be good or safe or secure or truly loving. So you stay off balance, confused you call it, disturbed and underneath all of that afraid. I know these things because I have had your experience in my life. When I read your story the first time, I knew he had gone to another woman when he first disappeared for 3 days...it was obvious. My comments are this...get out, stay out, change your number, never talk to him or her again, lose his relatives numbers, have your relatives lose his number, and act like you never met him. You will regret everyday you wasted on him and thinking about him when you finally understand that you don't want this shit in your life. This is something that only you can change, and the sooner the better! ds
Nov 25 - 9PM (Reply to #4)
anquilla
anquilla's picture

I later found out the first 3

I later found out the first 3 days he went NC on me was because he was involved in something else. It was not to do with a female, but hey, who knows. He lies continuously. I can't help but feel jealous. I just cant. After I caught him cheating on me, he didnt even try and reach out to me. He tried to contact her many many many times. But not me. When he flew to her city to try and get her back..a strange feeling came across me. I dont know how to explain it. But he called me and was telling me how much he loves her and with me he hasn't loved me for a while. From then on, I've almost put a blanket on my emotions. I can feel myself getting anxious.. but in all honesty, I wanted him to be happy. In some odd way I was consoling him...this makes no sense to me. Why did I do that? In all honesty, I feel such envy. Envy because we went through so many years, good and bad times. OW came in 1.5 years ago and completely stole his heart?? And I am nothing?? I know I should let it go. However, I am consumed in these thoughts all day unfortunately.
Nov 24 - 9AM
Sparrow
Sparrow's picture

Whether he is a narc or not,

Whether he is a narc or not, you need to remove yourself for good from this destructive relationship. It is not healthy at all for. Stay strong!
Nov 24 - 8AM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

You are a young girl.. This

You are a young girl.. This guy is a controlling Flipflopper.. Think to your future.. NC.. Welcome to Narcville Hunter