prinseis33's story

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Nov 10 - 9AM
prinseis33
prinseis33's picture

prinseis33's story

I joined this site in May and I spent a little time on here before going NC from May until the end of June...during that time the N tried to contact me just about once a week or so and I totally ignored him (as hard as it was at times). During that time, I also ran into him twice in June and totally ignored his presence. At the end of July (when I was doing MUcH better, I ran into him at a mutual friends BBQ and I almost walked right out until my friends encouraged me to stay and I believed to be at a point that he didn't phase me and I did great again wouldn't even acknowledge his presence. At the BBQ I was with one of his friends ex-gf, who he knew but they didn't remain in contact. Since I totally ignored his presence he brought me up to my friend while I went to the bathroom and later that evening after the BBQ was over he txt her askin "who was the girl you were with" (meaning me) so I end up going with her back to his house after to "talk" and after bein there 5 minutes I went to leave he was a drunk mess(as usual) and I believe doing drugs. Seeing him that night reminded me of what I did NOT want in my life or miss at all. After that night he continued to try and contact me until 3 days later his father pretty suddenly passed away. When I found out, (4 days after that night) I had a real struggle with whether to contact him or not and because of the type of person I was I caved and reached out. I felt terrible and I guess I hoped after something like this he could change haaaa and treat me right. Right after the father died he had to leave the country for about a month and a half and I decided to keep in touch via a weekly short email or so between us. While he was gone I really struggled with everything but wanted to believe he could come back a changed man and suddenly appreciate me for "coming back". Side note this situation has been going on for five and a half years on and off. He would never commit or be my bf but I trulyyyy believed I was the only girl (for majority of the time or when we were on DEF) I neverrrr had proooof or a reason to really believe otherwise. And I have never been a naive girl. Even allllll my closest gfs believed that althought he was a jerk most of the time and a partier that I was the only girl. Anyways he came back home mid September and the first few wks things w us had seemed to improve nothingggg drastic just not as bad as in the past. This went on for weeks some weeks were bad (he'd get drunk and verbally abuse me type of thing) and one night showed up knocking on my door at 6 am and came in n fell asleep on the couch. Things had got progressively worse and I wanted an out again. Two Saturday's ago he came by alllll day I saw an unsaved number on his caller id and I reallllly thought nothin of it however it called more then once and somehow I remembered it. That monday (last wk) we were textin n he was back to his jerk mean ways. Something made me ask him again if he was messin around with other people. Although right when he came home we discussed that I want nothin to do with him if he wants to also be with other people (which again I never had any reallll suspicion of its just that he wasn't my "bf") even that Saturday before we fooled around I asked. So back to Monday I asked if there was anyone else and like a narc he tried to totally avoid the question etc. and eventually said well I'm single so I can do what I want no? But I'm buys watching the game not talkin about this now. I relieved he was just home alone being a jerk that nite but something told me to say I'm showing up by his house (which I neverrrr do but I thought it was ok cuz he did. I went and he stopped answering my txts, turned off the phone and didn't answer the door. I didn't stay long and on the way home idk why but I called that phone number from sat that I remembered n it was a girl but I didn't speak w her and still believed it was a friends gf or something. Trying to wrap this up, lol last Wednesday this same girl found me on fb and messages me asking if I knew him and when is the last time I saw him. I never seen or heard about her in my lifeeeee. She was very nice about it n just wanted answers n so did I. Turns out he's also been seeing her on n off for two yrs. we talked about everyyyyything and just WOW I was totally mind blown. I didn't contact him after to say shit. He called me last fri morning early and left a voicemail sayin thank you really thank you but you are garbage your a piece of shit etc. his messages to her (which I saw) were more saying how I'm crazy and I don't matter to him and don't listen to me I exaggerate etc. I'm doing okkk considering bcuz thissss is what I needed to get rid of him BUT... I also got a txt Sunday saying never look at me again your a pathetic excuse of a woman and I ignored for awhile til I lost it told him off and changed my number. He said things like don't be jealous, don't be mad i cared about another bitch btw she's 20 of u,etc and side note she's nothin to be jealous of lol yet this Monday he stalked her thru his friends fb and msged her agn how he'll prove it to her he cares and I'm just crazy I mean nothin to him etc....I just don't get WHY?????? Does he truly care about her n was just doing me bcuz he could and now he realizes he fcked up with her and will change for herrr???? Help

Nov 10 - 11AM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

You don't need to repost your story twice

This is confusing to people. I am deleting the other one and adding my feedback to you from the prior to the second post. Actually a better place to look for feedback is under the Steps 1-3 forum. Have you bought Lisa's book? Practicing the steps would help you through this, Prinseis. Welcome back Prinseis He sounds like he MAY be an alcholic and addict. He also is a cheater and wants his cake and eat it too. There is no future here. My recommendation for you would be to go to Alanon. Alanon helps people who are having trouble dealing with and letting go of addicts. It is a wonderful supportive program. They have meetings in most all area's and you can find them online. I will post the link for you. You are wasting your time, 5 years is a long time to try to "get" someone to be something to you or for you that they are not willing or able to do. This is about you now; not him. He does not want what you want and this is clear to see. He is most likely angry and abusive because you are trying to force him to be something to you that he does not want to be. He wants to use you and see OW and you press him on this he abuses you. He may or may not be a PD; he is certainly a drunk and a drug user. This is not a formular for happiness for you. Please check out Alanon, it has helped many people in a situation similar to yours. Let us know how it goes. http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/how-to-find-a-meeting God bless, Goldie
Nov 10 - 10AM
Sparrow
Sparrow's picture

He is a menace and you know

He is a menace and you know it.......he will never change. He can sow through a thousand different women and not one of them, including you, will ever get close to his surface. By design.......he is a serial cheater. He can not stop if he wanted to. It's his makeup. The fact that other women have reached out to you, tells me there is a very loooooooong trail of broken hearts behind him, again, yours included. Don't stray from the forum so soon next time....you weren't quite ready. Glad you came back though. This time stay the course. Nothing good will ever come from your relationship with this man, NOTHING.
Nov 10 - 9AM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

What answer are you looking

What answer are you looking for?? This person is not good for you.. If you feel bad it's time to make a change .. And I'm not talking about him.. I suggest a therapist to help you thru a difficult time. Hunter
Nov 10 - 10AM (Reply to #2)
prinseis33
prinseis33's picture

i actually am doing MUCH

i actually am doing MUCH better then i would have thought! im not sad at all only a little angry here and there and its only been a week since this came out. i have no desire to contact him since i flipped out sunday and changed my number. i do see a therapist to help however. what i want to know is ....is it possible he actually cared about this other girl like he claims (and from speaking with her it seems although he didnt treat her good, he didddd treat her better then me)???? he actually tried to appogize to her eventually(this monday) n told her i was nothing to him and he'll prove to her he cares and is sorry? can this even be possible?
Nov 10 - 11AM (Reply to #3)
spinning
spinning's picture

prin, as long as you continue

to dwell on this, you are still "in it." However he is with her is immaterial to your healing. You know all you need to know about this guy...that he's bad news for you and that you don't want this kind of treatment. Here is a blog that may help you with the OW issue: http://www.lisaescott.com/2011/10/31/ow-compliments-sparrow Sincerely, (not) spinning. IT'S A CHOICE AND I CHOOSE ME

spinning