Lizzy's Story Part I

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Oct 25 - 11PM
LizzyW
LizzyW's picture

Lizzy's Story Part I

I’ve been meaning to write my story for awhile, but every time I try, I get so exhausted and overwhelmed that I can’t get very far. I’ve decided that I’m going to try and do it in sections a little at a time. I have been reading this website since last March when the major breakdown with my N happened. Since then, the months have been really up and down for me, ebbing in and out of sadness, anger and an overall feeling of trauma and loss. I really miss the person I thought he was and I miss my ability to trust and be open with people. The past few weeks, I’ve actually been feeling a lot better, but it is going to be a really hard time of the year, particularly as the holidays get closer. It was this time last year that he started reappearing in my life and it culminated in a beautiful holiday season when we were together (or so I thought) and he had agreed to be my boyfriend. I remember feeling so happy, it was the greatest gift I could have possibly have gotten. By March, the whole thing had imploded in a way I never would have believed possible or could have foreseen.

I meet him over five years ago. He worked with a my friend R at her law firm. I had just started DJing as a hobby and as the N was also a DJ on his off hours, she was anxious for us to meet at her birthday party. I wasn’t really looking forward to this (I really dread having people set me up), but was pleasantly surprised when she introduced me. He was tall, handsome and seemed really smart and sweet. Unfortunately, he wasn’t there alone… To Be Continued…..

Oct 26 - 12PM
Sparrow
Sparrow's picture

He wasn't there

He wasn't there alone...........I already know where this is leading. I once met a guy, I walked in a mutual friends wedding with, he was flirting all day with me and the night before at the rehersal dinner.......after the reception, the whole wedding party went to a club to continue our celebration. We hit it off, I gave him my number, we started dating and were inseperable.......after we split up, guess what I found out.....he had a date at the wedding, I never saw, never knew of. He took her home halfway through the reception in order to hook up with me. If I had known that than, it would have NEVER happened. I am sure your story is similar.......will patiently wait for part 2. Take your time. If you can only post in small pieces, so be it. Do what is best for you. :)