My Contact Issues...

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Oct 14 - 10AM
Better than ever
Better than ever's picture

My Contact Issues...

So, I have had contact....I had been NC for 3 months until we started texting about 2 weeks ago. I have found it interesting. He keeps saying, "Oh, I'm so glad we are friends, blah, blah, blah...." Well, I learned that he was miserable on his birthday which was this summer. I didn't contact him and apparently that devastated him. Neither of us are revealing too much about our personal lives as far as whether we are dating, etc.... ( I am dating but that's none of his business...)

Anyways, I have been having car problems and he figured it out via text, told me what to do to fix it and offered to come over and do it for me......NOW we are in a shady area......I have read so much about Narcissism and this forum to know that this is a ploy or can lead to no good......I'm thinking he either wants:

1.) Sex
2.) Build me up to destroy me
3.) Using me as a back up....
4.) Genuinely wants to be friends....I laughed just writing this,....lol

Thoughts and opinions?????

Oct 15 - 10PM
ruby01 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Always remember-

They NEVER do anything for anyone unless it will be of benefit to them.
Oct 15 - 1PM
strivingforhealing (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

It's called "drinking whisky with milk"

The AA's have a great story about not wanting to admit you are a total alcoholic- so you try different scenarios- only drinking on the weekends, only drinking beer not hard liquor, only drinking with friends, only drinking whisky but adding a lot of milk. and because you are an alcoholic- no matter how many combinations you try- you ALWAYS still end up drunk, sick and in the gutter. This is what you are doing. and I did it too- all the combinations- partners, FWB, just friends, just an occasional hello and ya know what- it always went to total hell with him. I would think I was in control- setting the rules, but these bastards are insidious, clever and cruel- and it would always end with me totally devastated. There is no drinking the kool aid of a Narc and survivoring it unscathed. You can see this- texting has now led to him perhaps coming over which will then lead to a conversation which will then lead to sex or "friendship" perhaps which will then lead to devaluing, demeaning, silent treatment, OW, discarding and your life back in the pits of hell. Stop now. I have been right where you are and I want you to avoid being thrown out of the car, drunk and falling into the dirty grimy street.
Oct 15 - 12PM
Syren66 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

I've posted this a couple of

I've posted this a couple of times on this forum, but it may bear repeating because of the nature of your post. The xN and I have had to face one another several times since our split...always, he's putting on a show for others' benefit, by being sickeningly nice to me publicly...complimenting my hair (which he never did when we were together), etc. Then, a month ago, he ambushed me at a gathering he knew I'd be in attendance at with a new woman. Okay, great. 2 weeks prior to that, he had texted me from a tournament 1500 miles away from Chicago to tell me the gist of a conversation he was having with another person about me (why he's speaking to my friends about me is one of life's great mysteries) and how well she spoke of me, etc - what...was he conducting a fkn survey or something??? It was just the weirdest thing, that text. Seemed "practical" on the surface as his reason for contacting me, but why he thinks I give a damn about what he's doing is what confounds me. okay, so then the ambush two weeks later...and I left after that...no drama on my part; I just left. Two days after that, I get a text from him apologizing for how "weird that encounter was" (DUH)...and did I renew my son's Xbox Live subscription for his upcoming birthday (my son is not his child and oh, he had to ask what date my son's birthday was in the text)...I know what that was all about...didn't get the NS from me two days earlier, so let's follow it up with a mea culpa text followed by a question to force a reply and OH...let's see if I can weasel an invite over to her house using her child as the bait. The text literally made me sick. I didn't dignify any of it with a response...and blocked him from ever calling or texting my cellphone again. Get real - he is all about HIM...nothing, and I do mean nothing, including you, will ever change that.
Oct 15 - 12PM
Hopeful36
Hopeful36's picture

Same thing over and over again

I love the 1,2,3,4. Same thing I would go through in my head every time we would re-connect. I Always believed it was 4 but it was always 1,2,AND 3. No joke! Each time he was sweeter so I'd believe him that It was 4 and he would always say that if we weren't married we would be together and we can't deny how we feel about each other. I fall for it each time!
Oct 14 - 6PM
Better than ever

Ok, I sent my final, yes

Ok, I sent my final, yes final text.....just stating how my dad was doing in the hospital.... You guys are right .....NC is the ONLY way!!! Thank you for the feedback...
Oct 14 - 3PM
tooloyal
tooloyal's picture

The Real Question...

...why do you care? Why are you spending any time trying to figure him out. You already know the answer. It amuses him. He may be bored. Why not use you and amuse himself until another more interesting prey comes along? Good luck.
Oct 14 - 12PM
Layla
Layla's picture

Slippery slope...........

....on which you will NEVER win on......... Never.
Oct 14 - 12PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Thoughts & Opinions

You've been suffering for 3months of NC .. Now you are asking for thoughts and opinions., I have no comment.. Anything I say will not be complimentary.. You are playing with fire.. Good luck you'll need it! Hunter
Oct 14 - 12PM (Reply to #7)
Better than ever

I deserved that one.... I

I deserved that one.... I would have liked to have been friends with him....obviously not possible....
Oct 14 - 12PM (Reply to #9)
Tigerlily
Tigerlily's picture

Would you be friends with a vampire?

A man-eating tiger? Jaws, Terminator or that creature out of "Alien"? Godzilla? Do you really want to be friends (platonic) with someone like that? Or are you secretly nursing the illusion of "getting back together without all the problems" (with someone like that)? I quite agree with Hunter - you`re playing with fire. And you`re playing with your hairdryer in the bath, too. Come on, you don`t REALLY believe it`s possible yourself - do you? Hugs Tigerlily
Oct 14 - 12PM (Reply to #8)
Hunter
Hunter's picture

It's possible if you want to

It's possible if you want to live a rollercoaster for the rest of your life!! Stop communication NOW!! Hunter
Oct 14 - 11AM
Lisa87
Lisa87's picture

BTE

You are starting the roller coaster ride in Narcville. I experienced the same EXACT scenario, he is after 1, 2, and 3 and will stop at nothing. Don't go there, I could write and explain over the last 1.5 years I played with fire, not getting into a relationship, going NC for months at a time, etc. but letting him back in here and there, trying to be friends, then friends with benefits etc. It is a game to them, he does not want to be friends (I tried for 6 months...and it made him hoover me even more until the biggest hoover ever). They are not normal, he will destroy you, mine was the biggest "giver", so kind and generous, and would do anything for me and my kids....but in the end it was all about him being in control which also means the lying, cheating, and all the other issues came back to surface to the darkest extreme ever, the mask was off and what I saw was enough to stay NC forever!! PS our past relationship he would devalue in tidbits but lovebomb me at the same time. I also did the breaking up and he never stopped hoovering (learned about NPD in April after the last major hoover). This last time is the final time (2 weeks ago and I know he will never contact me again) so mine is still fresh...but please don't play his game, you will never ever win!!!
Oct 14 - 11AM
Used
Used's picture

Betterthanever

when you say, we began texting, what he texted you?.other than that, if you continue with this...you won't be laughing for long...
Oct 14 - 11AM
Done sourcing
Done sourcing's picture

Here is my opinion. You are

Here is my opinion. You are asking what he wants. That is irrelevant, always irrelevant. The important question is, what do you want. You are playing with fire, and it always starts with contact. It has begun...because you let it. You can stay in the chaos, the fire, and get burned, as fire always burns. You said now you are in a shady area...incorrect. The shady area started with contact. This is black and white. I've been where you are at, teasing and fucking with the N, because I could. It always ended the same. Ouch!!! ds
Oct 14 - 11AM (Reply to #2)
Better than ever

I figured it was just

I figured it was just texting......how bad can that be?.....apparently with these people, quite bad....
Oct 14 - 1PM (Reply to #3)
Layla
Layla's picture

texting

No one here has EVER found a "good" way to be in contact with these abusers. NOT ONE. Ever. Your situation is NO DIFFERENT that anyone else's here, and your outcome, if contact continues, will be no different either. The choice is yours.