Emotional CAnnibal and other descriptions

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Oct 2 - 4PM
Dema
Dema's picture

Emotional CAnnibal and other descriptions

Emotional vampire, Pinocchio, The Tin Man, Peter Pan

I think it helps, because knowing someone is handicapped, and a Narc is, it is easy to think they need help. But there are many reasons why this is not wise. I think emotional cannibal describes the one thought very well. The fact that the person is not curable and can eat you alive while not being any better for it should be obvious. The other thought is that the person is not real - not real in any sense that would matter in a relationship. They are a character - something invented.

I don't know if the words help you - but they help me - help me to believe in my heart what I learned in my head.

Oct 2 - 5PM
Unfreakinreal
Unfreakinreal's picture

Handicapped my ass... These

Handicapped my ass... These fuckers still have the ability to make decent choices. They do know right from wrong. Dema, I am not taking a shot at your post, I think it's a great topic. It just triggered me, that's all. My son has a neurological disorder in which he is unable to control his tics - he is doing great though and it's barely noticeable. And I don't even call that a handicap. So a 39 year old man, PD aside, who chooses to treat everyone around him like they are substandard, is not handicapped. He is a miserable, self absorbed, parasitic malcontent. Xoxo
Oct 2 - 6PM (Reply to #4)
Dema
Dema's picture

Snake

There is a parable about a snake. It was hurt and it asked a man to help it. And the man took the snake and put it in his shirt and tended to it and healed it, and then it bit him and as the man died he asked the snake why? The snake replied, "You knew who and what I was when you took me in." In most of our stories, we did not know what they were when we took them in. They didn't look like a snake or act like a snake. I liked the example of Narc the Shark. I don't know, unfreakinreal, how to get through the cognizant dissonance of knowing that this man is something other than a functioning human being, and also knowing that he is like a scared and angry and very unpleasant child. I guess I'm kindof stuck somewhere on, "Do sharks deserve to survive, too?" Or even, "Is somebody with human DNA a human?" There is a conundrum here - a hopeless puzzle. It is what keeps us puzzling this out. I mean if they were roaches, we could just stomp them. If we stomp the Narc, we go to jail. But what IS the cosmic result of stomping them? I mean how do they count in terms of humanity in the eternal balance? This bothers me. Mostly just in terms of the one that shared my bed for so many years - mostly I can say, "God is God and I'm not" but in walking away from the man I was married to, and knowing that he mourned not being a real boy - well, that's why the post. Now I know he is a poisonous snake or a shark and I need to keep telling myself this because the cognizant dissonance - the lack of being able to resolve this emotional cannibal with my religious and world views - just hasn't quit. I think that is why I have been so tired this weekend. My subconscious is doing jumping jacks on this one. What IS he? Am I divorcing a human? Is someone without human emotions human? WHat if he has them, but can't sustain them? Can't remember them a moment later? Is he human then? What IS he? I think I have to go back to, "God is God" - and someday I will accept that. But today, well, today my subconscious appears to be doing jumping jacks over this.
Oct 2 - 6PM (Reply to #5)
Unfreakinreal
Unfreakinreal's picture

Dema, being stuck is normal...

I was stuck there for many many months. You have to ask yourself the questions to find the answers and they only come from within yourself. A couple of weeks ago, Hunter responded to one of my posts by saying that I will stop when I have had enough. It hit me in a big way, and I didn't stop right away but I did shortly after because I knew in my heart that there would be no answers from him and when I looked at myself, I mean REALLY looked at myself, it wasn't a pretty picture to say the least. One of my biggest steps was accepting that he just isn't normal in an emotional way and he never will be. Sure, I pity him, but not enough to destroy myself. The cog dis is a bitch, that's for sure. It is something that you will have to deal with right now. But it will eventally go away. I believe that. But I also have to do my part. They do know right from wrong, always remember that. It took a lot of soul searching on my part and I am forever grateful for the day my *now* 8 year old woke me up with his horrendous morning breath and told me I was the best Mom ever (which I am far from...). For the past 6 months I have been short tempered with him because of my destructive and pointless relationship. I didn't have the energy to play with him like he deserved. I am lucky to have such an amazing child to distract me. I didn't wait for the fog to clear, I walked right through the middle of it. If I saw that snake today, I would walk right past it. Maybe I would put in a call to animal control :) Simply put, I got to the point where I had had enough and wanted better for my son and I. You will get there too. xoxo
Oct 2 - 8PM (Reply to #6)
Dema
Dema's picture

NC

I have no contact. Court ordered no contact. And I really don't want to see him. The desire hasn't hit me in a while now. My questions are puzzles about where he fits into the universe. And heaven and hell. And I know that I can't answer them and won't know - but, somehow it seems that his existence breaks the rules. This situation - it isn't in the Bible, you know? Maybe he's a hologram? Maybe the devil tried to make people to imitate God, and this is what his invention looks like.
Oct 2 - 11PM (Reply to #7)
Pride and Shame
Pride and Shame's picture

Where he fits into the Universe

Yes, I'd like to know this one as well. Are they evil? Are they mutants? Are they just broken?
Oct 2 - 11PM (Reply to #8)
freaked
freaked's picture

3 categories

I offer a thought that in mythology, beings are divided into 3 categories: Angels,Humans, and lastly, demons. i am trying to accept that there must be a truth in mythology even if in a parable way. a narc is in the demon category. all three categories look similar in a physical way, on face of it we cannot tell any difference. Saints come under Angel category We come under Human category They get classified into demon category.
Oct 2 - 6PM (Reply to #3)
Dema
Dema's picture

Parasitic Malcontent

seems like a good addition to the list. :)
Oct 2 - 4PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

You left out " scrabbled

You left out " scrabbled eggs"" Lex Luther, and Hanibal Lecture !!! Oh soo much more!! This is fun let's keep this list going!! Hunter