Crazy Train's Story

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sep 27 - 8AM
Crazy Train
Crazy Train's picture

Crazy Train's Story

Good Morning All!

I am new to this site and just wanted to thank everyone for sharing their experiences. It feels very reassuring to know that others understand what I'm going through. I have been NC for 4 weeks, but after only 4 months with my N, I can say that he has taken a part of me that will never be the same again. Here's some "amusing" quotes from him.....

"I would never cheat on you if they were buy one, get one, free"

"I wouldn't cheat on you for $180 million dollars"

"I'm going to put you in the closet and you're not going to like it" (His term for the silent treatment)

"I have no reason to lie to you"

"Listen here you sl*t. You're a broke-ass MF. Do not EVER call me again" (When I broke up with him)

"You're so beautiful, you could have anyone you want"

"We're tighter than 2 coats of paint"

Most of these are typical N expressions. This particular character is a good looking, multi-millionaire (by way of daddy), runs around telling everyone that everything the family owns is HIS because he shares the same name as his father. The lyrics of Carrie Underwood's songs "Cowboy Casanova" describes this N perfectly. Add to that his temper tantrums, constant lying, secretive lifestyle, prescription meds addiction & my extensive Google research that uncovered more than 50 arrests... and you can understand why my head is still swirling. Oh & you'll enjoy the fact that he actually admitted to taking NLP training for his job in sales.

My friends nicknamed him the "Crazy Train"....being with him put ME on the train.....I'm smart and successful at my job, but his nonsense had me thinking that I was actually losing my mind. I couldn't eat, sleep, work, etc. When I was in his presence, he was so charming that it literally took my breath away. But in reality, what he took away was ALL my self esteem & my sanity.

I don't wish ill of him because I think that promotes bad karma, but I hope that somehow he will at some point in his life, look back at the chaos he created & feel some remorse. Although, from what I've read, that's just not possible...... so, my therapy appts continue, my friends are a fabulous support system. One day I hope to NEVER think, dream or speak his name EVER AGAIN.

Sep 27 - 8AM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

I perfer the Polar

I perfer the Polar Express!! NC my friend! Welcome to Narcville! Hunter
Sep 27 - 12PM (Reply to #2)
Crazy Train
Crazy Train's picture

Thank you

Thank you, Hunter. What an exhausting 4 month journey. I still cannot wrap my mind around it. I honestly don't know how people do it for YEARS.
Sep 27 - 1PM (Reply to #3)
spinning
spinning's picture

CT, welcome and

good for you for stepping off the train after just four months! Pat yourself on the back and high five sister! I am glad you found this community of help and healing though I am sorry you had to land here. No Contact is the key and you are four weeks on the new tracks to freedom, happiness and The Path Forward! Hugs to you, CT. Most sincerely, (not) spinning. I REJECT ALL CHAOS AND CONFUSION.

spinning

Sep 27 - 5PM (Reply to #4)
Crazy Train
Crazy Train's picture

Hello (not) Spinning

Hello (not) Spinning ;-) Thank you for your kind words. I spent the afternoon reading "The Sociopath Next Door". I had no idea about any of this until it happened to me. I'm 49 and like to think I'm pretty savy when it comes to things but this experience has crushed me. My 4 weeks of NC has been a daily battle, not without many, MANY tears. The obsessive thoughts about him are still there but I've somehow refrained from reaching out. I trust that he will not contact me since MY breaking up with him was twisted around to HIM breaking up with me. A few days ago, he sent me a blank text message. Just seeing the phone number scared me. Any advice on how to get over seeing the same color and make of vehicle & not think of him?? Can I tell you that I saw 4 of them today in less than 2 hours. None of them are ever him but geez, a constant reminder.......seriously, how many black Escalades were produced anyway???? LOL