Je Suis' Story

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sep 8 - 2PM
Je Suis
Je Suis's picture

Je Suis' Story

Good morning, and thank you for being here! I read many posts yesterday, and am amazed to find that so many of us have had similar experiences. It can feel really lonely, because most people would never believe the abuse I've suffered at the hands of this monster. His false public face, is quite convincing.

I call myself Je Suis, because it's French for "I am," and I haven't been myself for four years. I have been slowly diminished by my N, and now that I'm NC for 7 weeks, I see how much I was putting up with.

He D & D'd me, which I'm starting to be really happy about.
I realized what I might be dealing with about a year ago, but just didn't want to believe it. And the times when he was nice to me made me think I was wrong. He had a way, also, of making me feel like there was something crazy about me.

So my life right now has: No more of the put downs, over the top compliments followed by periods of devaluation, crazy driving, broken promises, listening to his whiny sob story for hours on end, or his having to touch every woman in any room we entered. No more of his lies, and half truths. No more hearing about how amazing his female friends are. No more of his criticism, and eye rolling. No more interupting anything I say of importance. No more pointing out that I have something on my face or in my hair, when I don't. No more controlling who I see, what I do, what I order to eat, what I wear. No more controlling of my time by a person who is always late. Always. Oh my! "No more" feels really great to say right now.

No more narcissist.
More and more hope!

Thanks! Je Suis

Nov 9 - 9PM
lavendar19
lavendar19's picture

Brought tears to my eyes,

Brought tears to my eyes, felt like I was reading my own words. Stay strong Je Suis, it gets better - I promise.
Sep 9 - 10AM
spinning
spinning's picture

Je, you are doing

so well already. Isn't NO CONTACT bliss? It truly allows the fog to lift and to begin to see things clearly. I am so glad you found this community, but I am so sorry you had to land here. But this is the place for knowledge, sharing, compassion, caring, education, experience and even humor. Recovering is a process, but I have found at 10 months NC that knowledge is power and the more you share here and work the steps, the better you feel and the better your life will get! Thank you for sharing your story, Je Suis. Stay strong. MOst sincerely, (not) spinning. NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT. THE SICK FREAK TRIED REALLY HARD BUT HE COULDN'T TAKE ME DOWN!

spinning

Sep 9 - 10AM (Reply to #4)
Je Suis
Je Suis's picture

Yes, Spinning, fog lifting is a great way to put it. Here's to

Yes, Spinning, fog lifting is a great way to put it. Here's to clarity! Thanks to you and all for this amazing site!
Sep 8 - 2PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Welcome to the insanity of

Welcome to the insanity of Narcville! Hunter
Sep 9 - 10AM (Reply to #2)
Je Suis
Je Suis's picture

Thank you...

Thank you, Hunter. It is pure insanity, isn't it? Wish there was a "Narcville" where we could put them all-- better yet, another planet?