lil lamb's Story

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Aug 9 - 12PM
lil lamb
lil lamb's picture

lil lamb's Story

I have been married for 20 years. He left me in May for the ow who is also much younger and his best-friends ex. They had a brief affair last year and she ended it, she also has a borderline personality and histrionic personality disorder, they are both in AA. He kicked me and our two kids out of our home once the affair was public, we moved into a apartment building he owns, ( my narc is a cop and owns 10 rental properties and our home), it was a nasty little 400 sq ft apartment, but we survived it. It wasn't until a month into my therapy that my therapist who was also friends with my narc, told me he was a narc. I read up on everything I could find and it literally made me sick, how did this man find me, why didn't I see the control he had over me for so long, why was I so easily discarded for this ow? I have been going over our marriage, here are some of the things I have come up with. He was wonderful in the beginning, I'd say the first 3 years, then I would get made fun of for whatever reason, I was belittled, I felt inadequate. He never hit me or verbally cursed me, it was very subtle. He never told me he loved me, or was affectionate, never told our kids he loved them or was affectionate with them either. He needed a lot of ego stroking on how wonderful and great he was, he put people down all the time, behind their backs of course. I thought it was all due to the job? he didn't like to do things with us, which he now does with the ow and her two younger kids. This past couple years I felt like I was walking on eggshells trying to be perfect and keep him happy. After we separated he told me I never cooked, cleaned or decorated our home, it was a very old home that needed lots of work, which he wouldn't do for me but has since for her. He had everyone believing I was anti social when it was him who excluded me. He said I was never supportive with his job or his karate, and that I didn't give him respect? My head is still turning from some of the things he has said. He tell me I'm psycho, bi-polar and I need help, and that I stalk him. I just don't know where to go from here, he clearly has chosen her and I have been discarded, how to I move on with my life and stop this craziness and is he really a narc or just a total douche? Any help or advice would be welcomed!

Aug 17 - 11PM
Ready2BMe
Ready2BMe's picture

oh so similar

lil, We need to talk... I am reading my own history... I read a book about verbal and emotional abuse and then realized my H is a N... Then I read and read, and am still reading... Now its time for me to take action... married almost same as you. Other similarieties.... I will write more after my intro on this site. I found a site before this one out-of-the-fog.... but this one is more specifically geared towards my situation and moving forward, which is what I want to do! You own half of all he has and should not be in a box!! Really? find the most experienced lawyer in your area, I got lucky and found one with experience and she gave me the book which made me realize what I had been tolerating for so many years like you. I am very angry at myself for tolerating it... its like we are in a haze.... FOG..... you are comming out, read and educate yourself... Ready
Aug 17 - 6PM
HollyAnderson
HollyAnderson's picture

THIS WILL HELP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdrDoLLQSBY&sns=em
Aug 16 - 7PM
sunrise
sunrise's picture

I have almost the exact same

I have almost the exact same life!!!! Mine just told me he would go all the way in our divorce so I would get nothing! My lawyer told me he was blowing smoke out his butt! He can threaten me all he wants, but by law I am entitled to half!! So he can sit there and spew out all his threatenings and I don't care. He is using your kids to get to you. Get a good lawyer and make sure everything runs through him/her. NC is the only way to heal and to get away. I have three kids and the only thing I will respond about are them. He baits me with everything! I keep everything short and businesslike. He is having a huge fit that I am not co-parenting. Um....there is no co-parenting with a N. Keep strong. You need to fight for what is yours and show your kids who you really are! There is a strong beautiful person who deserves the best! My prayers are with everyone
Aug 9 - 12PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Lamb

Cop spells Narc, What a SOB! Let that chick have him he's sounds like a real catch! Better her than you! Did you ever go to a movie and hate it, walk out and say, that was 2 hours I can never get back? I just didn't get the point! Welcome to Narcville! First since he has such a wonderful job and you've been married for 20yrs get a wonderful lawyer and take him to the cleaners! You deserve at least half. You deserve better, don't talk to him, he's s narc ,he deserves Narc treatment with silence and you deserve your life! He will treat his current princess the same way! I promise. Knowledge is power! Strive for perfection! Your perfection! Hunter
Aug 9 - 6PM (Reply to #2)
lil lamb
lil lamb's picture

Thanks, still working on the

Thanks, still working on the NC, it's still hard for me even after three months. I have a lawyer but I have let him hinder me once again. My 16 year old son doesn't want to go to his house for visitation, or be around him ( been 90 days since he has spoken to his Dad), narc said if I go for alimony he will force him to do visitations, so I told him to take it all and go away! I sure hope one day this man pays for the pain he has caused me and my kids, but I don't think he'll regret a thing, don't think he is capable of it. The OW is just as bad as he is, with NPD and BPD they should make a wonderful couple! Thanks for the support and HELLO Narcville..lol!
Aug 13 - 12AM (Reply to #3)
58 and going strong
58 and going strong's picture

Divorce

NC is hard at times - that's what we are here for, to support each other in being strong. Going through divorce too, so PLEASE check with your lawyer if she (hope you have she!)/he knows what it means to deal with a sociopath. Find a therapist other than that friend, someone neutral, who can attest that you have been in an abusive relationship, some kind of evaluation. You never know, and if things get mean you may need that. So go now, while things are still fresh. Lawyer should also give you and your son legal advice on visitation. I do not want to believe that a 16-year old can or should be forced, leave alone for money. I would call that blackmail. Keep in mind that N will always lie and is likely to try to threaten you with his 'professional knowledge'. Do not believe anything he claims. And watch Sam Vaknin - cop is among the 'preferred professions'. Good luck and welcome to Narcville!