grace67's Story

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jul 30 - 4PM
grace67
grace67's picture

grace67's Story

Hi all.. and thank you! I found this site a few weeks ago and reading your stories has made me feel not so alone.. not so Crazy!

My story..so similar to so many here, I suppose.

I moved across the country to be with him. It was such a fairy tale in the beginning. We only lived together a year. In the course of that year, I went from "The love of his life and the center of his universe" to.. nothing. Ignored, D&D'd. I don't know if he's a narc or not. I do know I'm an empath. Literally take on others emotions. And while we were together, I became depleted, empty, depressed. Not me at All!

Anyway, after a few months honeymoon period, the changes began. ED, realizing that if it wasn't all about him, he wasn't interested, the bursts of rage. Road rage, telling me one time after I'd been asked to lunch by an old friend that was in the neighborhood that he'd "rape any bitch with a broken wine bottle" if she brought an STD home to him. I was Stunned to say the least... (he was never physically abusive to me)
Then the crap started on the social networking site that we meet on.. he was more interested in getting his ego stroked by his "adoring fan club" as I called them than having a real relationship with Me, the woman there with him!

After his D&D 6 months ago, I had to try to figure out how to get myself back home, across the country again.. I did, and no, didn't go NC. I Craved any communication from him. Kept me on a string with empty words and declarations of love. Then would D&D me again. I truly believe I came as close to a nervous breakdown as one can without ending up in a psych unit. Definite PTSD. I thank God for my family and friends that have helped me.. supported me while I get back on my feet. I'm getting there now. :)

There will be more as I comment on others posts, but that's the story "in a nutshell"

Once again, thank and bless you all for this safe place.. where I can come and read and vent, without hearing "Just get over it and move on!" Easier said than done!

Jul 30 - 4PM
Sunafterrain
Sunafterrain's picture

Grace

Yep, sounds soooooooooooooo typical! You're SO LUCKY to get free early! You mentioned friends and family that support you, that is SUCH a major blessing! And VERY validating! I want to ask you something: What was the luring like and where did you meet him?
Jul 30 - 4PM (Reply to #2)
grace67
grace67's picture

Sunafterrain

I actually met him on FB.. which is one reason why his flirting and total devalue of me on that site at the end was so painful, I think. Ahh.. the luring. It was pure magic. We quickly moved from the fb friendship to phone, texts, email.. he seemed like my soulmate. Everything I'd always wanted. (and I'm not a kid, 43 and been married) So much attention, said all the right things (too early in the relationship, I realize that Now) I had finally gotten to a Really good place in my life. My home, friends, family, a job I loved. I was open to a relationship but not actively seeking one. He seemed just too good to pass up! We visited a few times, and decided that I should be the one to move. (shaking my head..arg) So now I'm back (thank goodness I didn't sell my house. At least I had a home to come back to!) And working on getting a job. I was so shaken, stunned, couldn't eat or stop the tears for any length of time until recently that I knew I couldn't go back to work yet. Finally I feel able to do that.