Got to see him today

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jun 24 - 1AM
londonlass30
londonlass30's picture

Got to see him today

We have our work annual fete today and he will be going.

My therapist says I must say hello but that's it. avoid avoid avoid. Do not engage. There will be lots of drinking though.

Today is the day I prove to myself I can do this and I don't need him.

I know he will try to talk to me.
Must be strong.

Jun 24 - 3PM
Scoop
Scoop's picture

There will be times when you

There will be times when you have to see the narc and the way you handle this is very important so not to slip back in youre healing . If possible always have someone with you as a witness , never have a one on one conversation with a narc as he will just use it to abuse and "work " you some more . Remain unemotional and robotic in youre responces , dont do like i did and get drunk and let him have it by screaming "i want you dead you piece of shit DEAD" ... Whilst at the time there was no stopping me , all it did was tell the narc he was having an affect to me and it gave him a huge slice of supply .. The secret of really rocking a narcs boat is no reaction , zero , nothing . He only need a slight wobble in youre voise or a word out of place to work with , remember he has spent a very long time studying us.. Think robot !.. Good luck Londonlass .. xx
Jun 24 - 6PM (Reply to #9)
ruby01 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

"i want you dead you piece of shit DEAD

OMG! I saw mine today and it was all I could do not to scream something like this and I wasn't even drunk. It is soo hard not to show any emotion.
Jun 24 - 1PM
wacaet
wacaet's picture

I hope it goes well

I hope it goes well
Jun 24 - 6AM
Jelickuk
Jelickuk's picture

Protect yourself. Imagine

Protect yourself. Imagine that we are all there supporting you. Forming a barrier that prevents him impacting on you in any way. Good luck
Jun 24 - 6AM
beamoflight
beamoflight's picture

Good Luck!

Good Luck!
Jun 24 - 5AM
ewa
ewa's picture

Stay away from him and the

Stay away from him and the places he is going to. Especially if this is the begining for you, proving yourself especially at this stage is not what you should do. Stay strong. Hugs.
Jun 24 - 5AM
Lobo555
Lobo555's picture

Your therapist is right.

Your therapist is right. Hello, then exit Stage Right! Good luck with this. Hugs and good thoughts to you!!!
Jun 24 - 2AM
Littleone
Littleone's picture

Oh god, yuck. Your a brave

Oh god, yuck. Your a brave woman- keep us updated!
Jun 25 - 2PM (Reply to #2)
londonlass30
londonlass30's picture

He didn't go!

He didn't show. His friend turned up alone, and joined in with us. I had the best day, it was such a relief. It would have been a completely different day otherwise. I've come so far. 6 months ago i would have been upset not to see him, but I'm positively happy about it. Thanks for the good lucks. xx