I was thinking about starting this yesterday and lo and behold there was Lisa's post about Goldie and Michele starting a 6 step group which is a great idea! While CODA exists which is co-dependents anonymous and SA which is Sex anonymous, I believe that the particular trauma of staying in an abusive relationship and having Stockholm Syndrome with a pathological narc/psychopath should have it's own group. The twelve steps don't change in these groups, but the focus of the group changes with the one word in the first step, admitting what we are powerless over. The twelve steps according to the AL-Anon meetings I go to would look like this:
1. We admitted we were powerless over narcissists and that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.