MICHELE115 - from ifinallygotit - my friends

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 12 - 10PM
ifinallygotit
ifinallygotit's picture

MICHELE115 - from ifinallygotit - my friends

My friends say maybe he just met someone he really fell in love with fast and is going to marry her (because he posted pics of them on his FB after being with me 10 years and no pics). They say alot of these bachelor guys go with a woman a long time, don't marry and then suddenly meet someone that they change for. I do not believe this is the case with my N - I know him too well. I believe he thinks she is good for rebuilding his image and that he uses her for sex. He really does not like hanging out with women, he prefers the company of men. He does not give women much clout and surely he gave me more than he will her (he respected my work, abilities etc). I do know of this pattern where men spend forever with a woman and then just bolt and marry someone else in a few months but I really do not feel he left me for another woman. i don't even think he planned to break up with me after the move - I think he got full of himself and just did whatever was in the moment - not me...
i think a long distance relationship was too much responsibility...I just don't feel that he left me for someone - he was so desperate to regain his status and fame! Maybe in his world. a cheapo hooter looking lady is a great thing with his friends...
She may be a very nice lady too - but I just looked at her FB profile pic and she looks even worse - her profile pic is in a strapless cocktail dress with boobs pushed up - dirty skanky bleached teased hair with black stripe down middle - big nose - lots of make up, maybe bad teeth - but tight nice body...Who posts a profile pic like this on FB? and if she is going with him, why still advertising the goods??? I know its not my business but I am not ready to think he is in love with someone...lust yes...gross

Apr 12 - 11PM
michele115 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Ifinallygotit

Before I begin, I just wanted to advise you that now that the forum's are separated, you don't have to post with my name in caps...that was only because the first night there were some logistical snafu's and I have some problems with my vision and I wanted to be able to weed out the "newbies" from the other members...hope you don't feel singled out as a newbie. Maybe we'll take a poll and see what we want to call the 1-3 steppers...BUT on to your post Ifinallygotit... You said: My friends say maybe he just met someone he really fell in love with fast and is going to marry her (because he posted pics of them on his FB after being with me 10 years and no pics). They say alot of these bachelor guys go with a woman a long time, don't marry and then suddenly meet someone that they change for. I do not believe this is the case with my N - I know him too well. I believe he thinks she is good for rebuilding his image and that he uses her for sex. I think you are right here...and most have no idea how these narcs operate. He really does not like hanging out with women, he prefers the company of men. Hmmmmm.... He does not give women much clout and surely he gave me more than he will her (he respected my work, abilities etc). But the key, even with you...you say he does not give women much clout...would it be fair for me to say that you got more than the others but you feel it was still crumbs? Not sure if this is how you feel. I do know of this pattern where men spend forever with a woman and then just bolt and marry someone else in a few months but I really do not feel he left me for another woman. i don't even think he planned to break up with me after the move - I think he got full of himself and just did whatever was in the moment - not me... Impulsive...is that what you're gettin at...so you think this was more an impusle decision? i think a long distance relationship was too much responsibility...I just don't feel that he left me for someone - he was so desperate to regain his status and fame! Maybe in his world. a cheapo hooter looking lady is a great thing with his friends... It's also a good front for "image" He's Mr. Testosterone... She may be a very nice lady too - but I just looked at her FB profile pic and she looks even worse - her profile pic is in a strapless cocktail dress with boobs pushed up - dirty skanky bleached teased hair with black stripe down middle - big nose - lots of make up, maybe bad teeth For a minute it sounded like the broad my ex is with...but then you said: - but tight nice body... What a relief! I thought we were sharing the same man... Who posts a profile pic like this on FB? A jackass!...oops, I mean a Narc... and if she is going with him, why still advertising the goods??? Because it sounds like her job is to be a good trophy. I know its not my business but I am not ready to think he is in love with someone...lust yes...gross Hun, he's not in love with anyone, never has been and never will be. Narcissism doesn't just grow overnight, it starts out very very early in life and blossoms from there. I'm sorry to be so blunt with the truth...it sounds like there is still a lot of CD going on. I'm very sorry - but just looking at his actions, these are not actions of a "feeling" man on any level. It is so clear this is all about image. They humor us until they decide it's not "fun" anymore...but Ifinallygotit - even though it hurts, would you really be deepdown happy living a lie? ((Ifinallygotit)) Hugs!
Apr 12 - 11PM (Reply to #3)
ifinallygotit
ifinallygotit's picture

michele -

there is no going back now with this knowledge but I am still in shock - its been 3 months now since he posted pic and stopped texting...his voice just sounded like he was so guilty and no matter how bizarre and horrible he is, I could hear real sadness in his voice - i think we had glimmers of something real but the Narc stuff triumped...plus the guy did need a job and he is doing better now I guess (he is beloved in the city he moved to...returning hero).
Apr 13 - 12AM (Reply to #4)
michele115 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Ifinallygotit...

The truth is this stuff just hurts and it would not be 'normal' to think that in three months you would be over him if you really loved him. AND I believe that despite the fact that they can't attach does not mean that our love was not real or any less. So it will take time, and as much as it hurts, the greatest gift the universe has given us is not only "love" but the capacity to do so, and so you are blessed to have loved. We can never understand why certain things happen to us...sometimes they are downright UNFAIR! But in a way, and I can look back now and really say this...while I am not completely recovered...I am at a place where I am okay with this having happened. Don't get me wrong, I did not enjoy it in the midst of a deep despair deeper than I had ever known, I was not doing cartwheels when I was on the edge wondering if i was going insane...BUT now in hindsight, I see how I am evolving into such an empowered strong woman...right now in the very midst of extreme poverty, facing or better yet, dealing with health challenges on a daily basis, my apartment in shambles...but my mind? MY MIND...at this point I can say with conviction...you can't mess with my mind. AND my mind is my greatest weapon. AND, I refuse to say I will never love again, but I will say I choose to do some work and get my head straight and I embrace that challenge, that journey...and for as much as I loved him, it is now time for me to love myself with that SAME passion and commitment. AND that is what I think all of us need to get to. So ifinallygotit - this may be very very hard to bear...but it can in fact be your breakthrough and a pivital moment in your life that was a stepping stone to transition to somwhere where you need to be...which right now is unknown but it is in the journey or though the journey that we discover where we need to be. Today, I brainwash myself that wherever I am at any given moment...that is where I need to be...so even now in all this anguish - you are too "where you need to be" that's just my philosophy. Hugs!
Apr 12 - 11PM
ifinallygotit
ifinallygotit's picture

ps I am staying no contact

it is just freaky for me to see him with another woman when we never had a real break up, just the crazy move than the crazy silent treatment. When I broke contact and called a month ago that was crazy too. he sounded so sad and wounded when I am the wounded one. I must learn how to detach - I just cannot handle how he treated me.... Today I thought about people who have to recover from worse traumas and this helped me gain perspective...