Disjointed Messages from a Narc....

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 12 - 8PM
Anonymous (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Disjointed Messages from a Narc....

I noticed that when things ceased between my narc and I that for a while before I went total NC we would have these email wars. He had a cell phone where he could access the net...and while with him he seemed somewhat "sane" until of course I suspected he was a NARC!! then I noticed that even in his text communications, his disorder even began to show in his writing...it was eerie!

What have been some of the doozies of written communication you've received?

In one - I think he was projecting...I was still in denial and thought I could help him...HA! hold on I just fell out of my chair in laughter...OUCH!

He sent me a text that said: "I'm sorry but I don't think this applies *my suggestion he might be borderline* just remember NOT to take your pills when you're drinking.

This was only baffling because I don't take pills, I wasn't on pills and if I have a glass of wine on occasion it's a big deal. At one point I would have a beer or two on a Friday night, but I'm a total SQUARE!!!

But to the best of my knowledge, he didn't drink or take pills either...this was WAAAY out of left field.

Anyone here get some comments from WAAAY left field?

Apr 14 - 6PM
onwithmylife
onwithmylife's picture

A few good ones

'You are too needy', if anything I am probably too independent, the funniest one is' my advertising on Craigslist for free sex, first come, first served,', i told that to a guy once and he could not stop laughing, talk about insanity?!!!!that is when he refused to look at himself and his responsibilty in the demise of our relationship, but what the heck, it was ALL MY fault, Right..........
Apr 13 - 2PM
michele115 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Email from Me/Email from Him - copied Link from Scoop...

Thanks for taking the time to bump this up and sharing Scoop! Hugs! ____________ I am not posting this to air my dirty linnen in public but rather i feel this is a perfect exsample of the twisting of events of the narcissist. I wrote this email to my ns after a horrible brow beating agument the night before . The reason for the argument is still unclear . Dear **** The problem with us is the way you speak to me . I woke up with the words "i can go on all night like this and make you feel like shit , is that what you want " ringing in my ears .Believe it or not this is very abusive language .There have been several times when you have said to me "if you keep going on about things i will dump you " This again is emotional abuse . Iam not in a relationship to be spoken to like this . Weather born out of frustration or anger is your issue and its not for me . I feel very hurt and misunderstood . I feel if i dont point out theses things out you will think its ok to do again . Its not ok . I , like all people deserve to be spoken to with love and respect what ever out diffrences .Thats all i have to say . right .. are you sitting down girls (and boys ). here is his replie . Dear peru Personaly i think our frustrations are born out of something much deeper. You think you want me but can not accept me in all i do . I have allowed myself to be drawn away from other things to focus on you as i know you are insecure and i like to be there for you . All i ask is for this acceptance but instead of acknowledging that you seem to want me to fight your every battles and this is where we have escalated into this stalmate of anger and misunderstanding . You know deep down i am not abusive , so this is the thing that has manifested it . I know deep down you should not feel insecure , you are a beautiful person with a shining edge but have been warm down by past relationships and possibly that of your family and life in genereality . This has shaped you this way. No one said life is easy . All we can do is be there for each other. No one can do anything about the past and it is only by taking active steps to develop your own security that will help you to overcome that and i am trying to help you develop this Please for the sake of us both let me be me as i do you . These are the signs of an unhealthy relationship and will only lead to a false viewpoint of future relationships if we decide we are not right for each other (which is where i think we both are at at the moment ) What do you think PS I hope your interview went well today . Any comments ? Peru x http://www.lisaescott.com/forum/2009/07/10/email-me-email-him#new
Apr 13 - 10AM
TLSM
TLSM's picture

There are SOOOO many!

"You are emotionally unstable. You are too needy. I need someone more independent" Pure projection. I am a single mother who single handedly started and runs her own clothing boutique. Needy and not independent! HA! My ass. "You always have to win. You play so many games. You desperatley seek approval from other men." P R O J E C T I O N! "Why do you always have to fight with me? Always drama with you! Why can't you just let things be?!?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Because I am on to you, YOU F*CKING PIG!!!!!!!!! And BTW....He was the drama queen. There was ALWAYS chaos surrounding him since I first met him 4 years ago! " I want you obsessed with me. I read somewhere that if a man leaves his sperm inside the woman, she becomes addicted to him!" Nice...! LOL "You are just like my ex-wife!!!" He'd say that to try and spook me. He always talked of how CRAZY and PSYCHO she was! Now I know exactly what was going on!!! His ex-wife no longer puts up with his bullshit and told me in order for her and their children to get along with him civilly, they all have to treat him like he is *special* - like he is mentally retarded. (please don't take offense to that. After all, he is emotionally retarded.)
Apr 13 - 10AM (Reply to #11)
Anonymous's picture

TLSM!!!

GREAT JOB breaking down his insanity! I love it...keep it up...whenever you play the tapes, feel free to record the thoughts here and break it down! It not only helps YOU get it out...but it helps others whom I am sure have heard the SAME EXACT things or very similar. Hugs!
Apr 12 - 8PM
deecbee
deecbee's picture

So many that I notice in hindsight

I was completely oblivious to them while it happened, though. We, like you two, would get caught up in text or email wars. - "You sound manic right now. Did you take your medication?" whenever I would call him out on his ugly behavior(my mother is BP, I take medication for anxiety but he has latched onto this idea that I'm unmanageably crazy) - "It's not that I don't have any emotions, I'm just more level-headed and rational than most people."
Apr 12 - 8PM (Reply to #2)
Anonymous's picture

DeeCB

Last year, after I caught him stalking my blog, he sent me a long email cooly criticizing my writing skills and then wrote paragraphs upon paragraphs about how I was narcissistic and manipulative Talk about projection! I just remembered today, at the very beginning of our relationship, 12 years ago, I was smitten with him and he was very resistant. He specifically wrote, "I'm not good for you. I'm only going to hurt you." I wish I would have listened. yes, we all come away with the good 'ol..."I should have listened" I remember the narc saying to me: "Im a master manipulator" and it went right OVER MY HEAD! I thought of course he mean't in a past life...I mean he only sat there and said it in PERFECT ENGLISH in the PRESENT TENSE!...*Crickets* You live and you learn...and when we are all fully recovered, we shall all have a gigantic tee shirt burning ceremony... Hugs!
Apr 15 - 3AM (Reply to #9)
fear for my sanity
fear for my sanity's picture

N also told me at the

N also told me at the beginning "I seem to leave a trail of devastation behind me wherever I go" but he said it with such a seemingly sad tone in his voice, that I felt sorry for him and wanted to prove to him that it wouldn't be like that in our case! How naive could I be?!! It was like he was trying to absolve himself of all past and future devastation he caused!How clever... and evil! In fact, that was one of the most truthful things he ever said to me... that and "I don't deserve you!" They are such masters of manipulation that they can deceive you even with the truth!! Unbelievable! I'm not a stupid person but how could I have been so stupid!Knowing we have shared such similar experiences really helps.
Apr 13 - 10AM (Reply to #5)
TLSM
TLSM's picture

OMG!

My ex N ( I HATE SAYING "MY"!!!!)said that too! "I AM A MASTER MANIPULATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!" He also was a pathelogical liar. Constantly lied. All the time. Even in his sleep. I'd ask him the same question, because I doubted his response, of course and THE STORY ALWAYS CHANGED. Always changed. ALWAYS!!!!!! He always lies, lies, lies!!! That is definite proof something is off with this guy. He would lie about the oddest things, too.
Apr 13 - 10AM (Reply to #6)
Anonymous's picture

TLSM

They are pathological LIARS!!! AND you raised a great point - sometimes I slip... Members...part of re-wiring our brains...let's try to stay aware and conscious of not referring to THE narcs as "MY" we don't want them...so lets not keep them by assigning "MY" when prefacing... We all slip up - I do too and he is SOOO not mine... and that's a GOOD thing! Hugs!
Apr 13 - 10AM (Reply to #7)
TLSM
TLSM's picture

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!

I always cringe when I'd write it, but felt I had to, to be clear. What should we say??? "The" ex-narc? Narc-boy? (Essentially, they are little boys). The Freak...I like that one! I am going to use The Freak. Nah, he isn't worth the capital letters! the freak! :-)
Apr 13 - 10AM (Reply to #8)
Anonymous's picture

How about...

The ex-narcboy freak? Nah, too long...personally I was in favor of asshat, but I'm trying to work on purging speaking in "truck driver" Hugs!
Apr 12 - 9PM (Reply to #3)
deecbee
deecbee's picture

Whoosh... over the head is

Whoosh... over the head is right! Makes ya think, in some ways they told us exactly who they are. But who really expected these types of people to actually exist?? Or to ever encounter one? Not me! Wow, I am remembering a lot of alarming stuff. I wonder why it was buried- did I not find it important, or was it denial, or what? I JUST remembered that one day he emailed a link to a long essay that a guy had written about how he goes through his day empty, like a blank slate or something. I can hardly remember what it said, but I do know it was written by someone with a severe personality disorder who couldn't feel anything. In the body of the email, the x wrote, "This is how I feel most of the time" What did I do? Dote on him and feel sorry for him. How could that not be a glaring signal to run? The more I examine the past, the more I'm afraid I'm completely delusional. I don't think I can trust my own judgment anymore.
Apr 12 - 9PM (Reply to #4)
Anonymous's picture

DeeCBee

Yes, they did tell us everything we just didn't "get it" and it is because of what you said and the reason for all the shock...we never in a million years could imagine that such people existed. That is the key right there...it is a shock to the mind, and the spirit and one of the key factors in all the CD we experience.