Huge Mistake...I should have listened

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Feb 25 - 8PM
windycitygirl
windycitygirl's picture

Huge Mistake...I should have listened

this is a follow up to my earlier story...what a joke and it's all on me. After reading for a year and a half and being married for 3 years, so for half of the marriage, I am trying to figure out what in the world has captured me! About 6 months in, I was crying and whining to his sister that I just couldn't understand what was going on and she told me he is a narcissist...what is that you might ask? well, a few months later, the love bug that had bitten me on the booty was getting quite ill and so I looked it up on the computer...WOW WOW WOW
so back to my original post last year when I really believed that my prayer had been heard and he was a different man...lets' just say that didn't last long. nh is in the church everytime the door is open, tears running down his face, you know the story...do I believe that GOD ignored my prayer? no, I don't...I believe that HE gives us freedom of choice and unlike probably most of the doctors who study this SIN, I believe he could change if he wanted...I believe he knows what he is doing as he has been married many times and he is fairly intelligent.

Right now his tactic is to sleep on the sofa, takes his ring off, drives like a nut, later i will post some of the really nasty stuff he has done in 3.5 years of marriage.

In the earlier post I had changed some of the dates, times, general info as i was afaid his sister might read on here and figure things out but now I am going to tell all as I DON'T CARE as I am out of here soon...

I am skipping around a bit but one of the reasons I think he could treat me well is that he is able to treat his sisters well and other people too other than waitresses, etc.

Aug 19 - 9AM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Here's another one

Mar 3 - 5PM
gettinbetter
gettinbetter's picture

Yes. It is all about free

Yes. It is all about free will. Everyday he makes a conscious choice to treat you like shit simply because he can. When you have no sense of self or moral compass you just do whatever you feel like doing at any given time. If you feel like raging you rage etc. They simply have no moral constraints or empathy that would lead them to make better choices. When we stay it simply enables them and they see no need to change as it works for them. Just as a toddler learns to manipulate mommy with a tantrum Since there is no "real him" you are simply a reminder of how damaged he is. Eventhough they are terrified of intimacy when you are married, live with or spend alot of time with them there is a certain amount of intimacy they know you are picking up on their emptiness and flaws. You simply become a reminder of all the things they wish they were but are not. They feel exposed when around you feeling that you see all of their insecurities so their defense mechanisms kick in.
Feb 26 - 1PM
victimnomore
victimnomore's picture

windycitygirl

They treat everyone else well because they want the world to see them as the greatest guy on earth but if you live with them or are up close and personal they will treat you like a dog. No a dog will get treated better than you. I wasted 25 years, pleas don't waste anymore time!

victimnomore

Feb 27 - 9AM (Reply to #2)
whskywmn5
whskywmn5's picture

I couldnt agree with you

I couldnt agree with you more....he treats the beagle he has better than he treats me or any of his children....he spoils that dog rotten, while he gives nothing to me, except his nasty words and heartbreak.