N's that dumped you, do they come back?

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jan 8 - 9PM
therose
therose's picture

N's that dumped you, do they come back?

I guess I am asking this because so far in my readings many of you have experienced some sort of comeback from your N's. but I also think in most of your cases you were the ones tha tended it, and like any relationship ending, it's usually the dumpee that is never contacted again, not the other way around.

My question in my case, since he changed his mind about me, (we did have fights that led up to it, where I got scared of his anger and said things I didn't mean, such as "cooling down" usually just me freaking out cuz he was mad and I didn't know he had that side, or I thought that was in his past, whatever. I know that's my fault, but again, he was the one who ended it, and then after my craying calls, being hung up on, and letterts to which he told me to never talk to him again and that is three months now, I think it's much more unlikely I will ever hear from him again. Anyone else in this position?

It's very hard cuz I can't really relate to the posts about he's back, I told him to stay away, as in my situaiton, I am the one who is being punished for being what I feel like is the most disgusting piece of pond scum on the earth.lol (that's how it feels anyway) Anyone else in this siatuation? Love to hear yours tories!

M

Mar 3 - 3PM
Thumper
Thumper's picture

Dumped

Thumper

Jan 10 - 2PM
ImStrong
ImStrong's picture

happydaysahead You must

happydaysahead You must have faith and not question God..He is your Father who knows you better than anyone inside and out..He knows what is good for you..You may not feel you broken or needed a wake up call..But He did.. You may not of fealt that this wxperience wuld better you..But He did.. You may not of seen this coming..but He did.. You need Faith.. Happy Days cannot be ahead..If you don't have faith Let Go and Let God.. Think of it also as God let him into your life so you can teach him something..He learned from you.. Stop questioning the Lord..he knows what he is doing and I garuntee its in your best interest He may have pointed out something that your unaware but is still doing as we speak.. Your giving Man all the power..and leaving none for God.. GOD brung these men in our live sfor a reason..Isaid that I was fine alone also..but then I was begging for a boyfriend..worshiping man and putting God behind.. You have to see the big pic and the long run..God only kept him in your life for a very short time to teach you a lesson and for the N to do no more dqmage to you and our son.. YOu need to Thank God for taking him out your life..Thank him for this experience and assure him you trust his judgement for wherever he wants to go with this.. Let Go and Let God happydaysahead So you can trully have happy days ahead for not only you but for your son xx

"In the fiery pit lays a man with two faces.One is the face of a God and the other a face of the Devil.Beware He lurks your souls.Keep one hand on your heart and the other hand over your eyes. Let him walk pass you not into you.Ghost of love will possess

Jan 10 - 1PM
Briseis
Briseis's picture

Ya don't WANT him to come

Ya don't WANT him to come back, trust me on that one :P They sure do have a way of rejecting you that causes you to feel like the most undesirable thing to have crawled on the face of the earth. No one can reject as painfully as a Narc can. Your job is to realize that you were rejected by a severely disturbed person. A person who is NOT "right" in the head. A person who could not see you if you stood in front of him. You said in another post that you aren't even sure he is a narc. Just reading your words tells me in the least what he did to you was as cold and cruel as any Narc I ever saw. Have you been reading up about NPD and how it affects the victims? If not, start ASAP. You will find him in there. And it doesn't matter if he's *really* a Narc or not, NONE of us know for sure, maybe one or two people here have Narcs with actual diagnoses. The rest of us are going by what we've read and heard. It's not rocket science, that's for sure :P He did you the biggest favor by dumping you. You know what? When you get dumped by a Narc, that is an underhanded COMPLIMENT. What it means is you are too strong for them to control, too sound in your character for them to manipulate to the degree they want to crush your spirit. Narcs discard us when they give up trying to control and brainwash. Predators in the wild might chase anything around, but they put most of their effort into taking down the weak and sick. Oh heck, you've given me an idea for a new thread :P
Jan 9 - 5PM
apple
apple's picture

Yes, honey.

In my experience they always come back. So be prepared to slam the door in his face when he does. Would you open the door up to Ted Bundy if he came a knocking? I don't think you would. What you described in your personal story was just awful. You know who he is and what he is all about. Try to trick your self into thinking HIm=bad, him=no good for me, Him=PAIN. Be strong for yourself!! You can do it!! xxA
Jan 9 - 5PM
mystwoman
mystwoman's picture

Xnh dumped me. He came

Xnh dumped me. He came home, told me he didn't love me anymore, and I found out right after he had an OW. In the next sentence (literally) after he dumped me, xnh asked how long he could stay in my house with me. I threw him out right then. Within days, xnh was back bugging me because he wanted to be "friends" (aka, suck me for supply). My comments to him were, "You dumped ME. I didn't ask for this this. That is was YOU chose. Now go away. Stay gone. It's over." He'd follow me into and out of work every day (we work at the same company), and come into my office because he wanted to say "Hi" multiple time a day. Trust me, "Hi" was NOT a word that I really wanted to say to xnh. My choice of verbiage would have been a whole lot less "lady-like". lol. I finally had to file a harassment complaint to get him to leave me alone at work. Xnh has made two good solid hoover attempts at my house as well. One time, I looked out my front window and his truck was in my driveway. His excuse was for being there was that his hideous P daughter had gotten pregnant by her gang boyfriend, and xnh was "just going to have to move away to get away from all her drama". His P daughter is someone that I detest (and xnh has known it for years), so I knew it was just an excuse for him to hoover. Oh, HOW I wish xnh would leave (and I told him that at the time)! Two days later, he'd moved his P daughter right into his apartment with him. This happened about a month after he D&D'd me. The second hoover attempt was the day I got out of the hospital with food poisoning. He called me an hour after I was released, using the excuse that he hoped I was feeling better. What he really called for, was to tell me that his hideous P daughter had gotten beat up by her boyfriend and was in the emergency room apparently at the same time as myself. Once again, he was "testing the waters" for potential supply, and so he could whine about his self-inflicted drama. I told him I had to go puke, and hung up on him. Then I added his numbers to my call rejection so that he can't call again. Personally, I don't really think it matters to a narc whether they've dumped you or you dumped them. To them supply is supply. They come back occasionally to see if you have any potential for NS. It's all about them. When they have enough supply currently, they'll go inflict themselves onto others. However if they feel the need for more NS, they'll surface again to see if their OLD sources (us) will fall for their traps, and give them some. The more desperate they are for supply, the more they return. The only way to get rid of them is to make sure you give them NONE. Narcs seem to follow the "path of least resistance". If your supply is not forthcoming, but someone else will give it to them, they go the easy route by sucking on another person. Our goal is to give the narc no supply, and they'll move on to easier prey. NC is the only way to do this.

Jan 9 - 4PM
hedidntbreakme
hedidntbreakme's picture

hopefully you don't want him

hopefully you don't want him to return, unfortunately he will.
Jan 9 - 8AM
prettypeeved
prettypeeved's picture

Return

Mine returned twice, each time once he had screwed up his primary source of narcissistic supply. Having now gone NC I'm not sure if he'll return a third time.
Jan 9 - 7AM
Susan32
Susan32's picture

I was the one who left

After I met the ex-Psych professor's girlfriend, I went to MC (Minimal Contact) Keep it impersonal, polite, strictly business. As soon as I got into the UNM teacher education program, I went NC. The ex-P begged me for my home address and phone number... but all I'd do was give the vague "I'm living in town." Luckily, I was going to be moving off-campus. If I had stayed in the dorms, he would've known where I was. When he sabotaged my teacher education program, I still kept NC. I was really too enraged to communicate with him at all. So yes, anger helped me keep NC. Finally, I was the one who left town without informing anyone, not even his colleagues whom I trusted. There were professors I trusted, and I wasn't even able to tell them goodbye. I left without explanation, without a goodbye. The ex-P probably would've compared my departure to Leo Tolstoy, who abandoned his wife, fleeing his family house in a storm, and coming down with pneumonia, his final illness. The ex-P hasn't contacted me in a decade, by mail or email. I think it was because I was the one who in the end left him.
Jan 9 - 7AM
jaycee
jaycee's picture

they always return at some point

they always return at some point, whether it be weeks, months, years. I know this, because my hN has returned to his previous supplies, several times over the years, one of his affairs, he has gone in search of supply for about every three or four years, unbelievable, that she acknowledges him and gives him supply, but only for a short period of time, sometimes, they last a month or so, sometimes only weeks, and then he goes to another supply, etc. they are sick creepy psychos, and will return again and again, sometimes years later, it depends on the person if they are willing to get involved again or not, my hN is so good at what he does, all of his previous supplies give him exactly what he wants over and over again throughout many years.....it is sick, i just hope when yours returns you shut the door and not open it again, as they are sooooooooooo dangerous........stay away if you can..........they are sick psychos and will convince you they need you and then discard you again.......scary Jaycee

Jaycee

Jan 9 - 6AM
Disillusionedx2
Disillusionedx2's picture

You're here because...

You want to learn and understand how these creatures operate and how to avoid them, also you're a survivor. He will come back if you allow him, possibly, but not for the reason you wish/hope for. He will return to dip into the supply bucket if allowed, continue to manipulate and wreak havoc, don't allow him back, there will be no apology, no improvement, no accepting any responsibility for the failure of the relationship, NOTHING,if he does run for your life/soul, best wishes. stay~striving

stay~strong

Jan 9 - 4AM
Scoop
Scoop's picture

Good sunday morning to you

Good sunday morning to you .It sounds like a classic narc break up , they break up with you when you ask them to be accounterbel for their behaviour , when you do that the bolt for the door as quick as you can say jack robinson . Mine dumpped me 5 times in two years and each time he wormed his way back in , the longerst "break" was about 3 months 2 summers ago . This time i went nc and walked out on him . Now having making it competely clear we are over he dose try and hover form time to time . I got a text message from him last week ... now the last time i saw him i walked out of the pub with out saying a word to him .. so what part of "i never want to talk to you again " did he not understand , how dare he text me as if nothing has happened , he is a crazy freak ... With the hover attempts that do happen most times i hate to say , what is my narcs intentions to making contact with me ? Dose he want me back to work on the relationship ? is he sorry for his sick abuse ? is he sorry he hit me ? Noooooo ! what he wants is just a quick check up on his old supply . The trouble is when a hover happens so quickly after a break up ( 3 months nc is still early days where you are still working through a lot of emotion )It can seem like the the very think you where hoping for because you are in full grief and along comes the narc and then you are in for round 2 or 6 in my case . You have to hope that he dosent come back , because in a few months youre feelings will have changed if you remain NC , thats the turth .. Big love and heres hoping he stays away .. xx
Jan 8 - 11PM
Journey
Journey's picture

Hi Evrybdy11

I was dumped 16 months ago and mine has not come back. We've remained 'friends', in that if I wanted to, I could get in touch with him and pretend I still believe we are. He seems quite happy having moved on. It would almost be easier if he was mad at me and I could recognize his disorder more clearly, but instead he comes across quite sane and that makes me feel like the crazy one. My exN is not as typical or overtly abusive as some of the Narcs I read about on this site, but he hurt me badly just the same. He showed little if any real remorse or empathy on several occasions of D&D and then abandoned me emotionally first, then physically when I was in a very vulnerable state. I think we all end up feeling like pond scum, even when they still say they care as they leave us. The truth is that they never leave us feeling like we were ever very cared about. Journey on...

Journey on...

Jan 8 - 11PM
Deidre99
Deidre99's picture

UNFORTUNATELY!!!!!!!! SORRY..

UNFORTUNATELY!!!!!!!! SORRY...i'm having a bad night.
Jan 8 - 10PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

eb11

Oh They come back! After 6 months of the "Silent Treatment" After all the BS , Last week I get" Happy New Year !I hope you are well let's chat soon" Are you kidding me? Im now seeing a shrink, trying to repair my marriage and taking anti depressants. "hope all is well"" WTF? This was the second time he came back the first time he was gone for 20 years. I didn't know what he was then. There was no such thing as Google. It was tossed off as bad Karma. He was a freak then and a bigger freak now. The only advice I can give to you ,is move on, and Never go back. OXOXOX Idealk
Jan 8 - 10PM (Reply to #2)
therose
therose's picture

wow...

god, that's insane. I guess I do have a lot of learning to do. But I keep feeling the whole I am the vermin of the earth feeling, so it would be a shock if he said anything to me, despite not really having done anything that warranted it, or at least I apologized fora ll I truly know and own up to, for what it was worth. I will have to see him possibly at the upcoming 20 year reunion later this year, if he attends, but other than that, we don't live in the same place so I guess the all is in his court, but unless he is willing to do some work on himself, and if it's bp that may be possible, I would feel like you, the whole wtf feeling. Ugggggghhh

"do you believe that dreams come true? hold on to your dreams." - Madonna

Jan 9 - 7AM (Reply to #16)
gettinbetter
gettinbetter's picture

everbody

from what Im reading its kinda sounding to me like you want him to contact you. If he is a Narc NO YOU DONT! When they come back each time the honeymoon period is shorter and the d and d worse. Mine was gone 15 years. This time the emotional abuse was much worse. There is no cure for narcissism. Keep reading you will see. The outlook for these people is very bleak. He will continue to feed off of your soul if you allow him until there is nothing left of you. Stay away from or you will be sorry I promise. Trust me I understand the rejection you feel. I feel it too. The Narc stopped speaking to me several months ago. Its very painful to be erased just like that. They are able to do that becuase we never meant anything to them in the first place but dont feel bad no one did. He wont go off and have a wonderful life with someone else. I know this becuase mine is super hot 44 and has never married (red flag) we dated several years throughout our twenties. So all this time passed I was thinking that he had met and married and was off having a wonderful life with his wife and family. NOPE! still single and still a Narc. According to him he has bad luck choosing women BUT in true Narc fashion I was going to be the answer for him. NOT Anyway be thankful he wont speak to you. The hoovers are so hard to resist they can be so sweet but once they know they have you back WHAMO!
Jan 9 - 7AM (Reply to #4)
gettinbetter
gettinbetter's picture

everbody

from what Im reading its kinda sounding to me like you want him to contact you. If he is a Narc NO YOU DONT! When they come back each time the honeymoon period is shorter and the d and d worse. Mine was gone 15 years. This time the emotional abuse was much worse. There is no cure for narcissism. Keep reading you will see. The outlook for these people is very bleak. He will continue to feed off of your soul if you allow him until there is nothing left of you. Stay away from or you will be sorry I promise. Trust me I understand the rejection you feel. I feel it too. The Narc stopped speaking to me several months ago. Its very painful to be erased just like that. They are able to do that becuase we never meant anything to them in the first place but dont feel bad no one did. He wont go off and have a wonderful life with someone else. I know this becuase mine is super hot 44 and has never married (red flag) we dated several years throughout our twenties. So all this time passed I was thinking that he had met and married and was off having a wonderful life with his wife and family. NOPE! still single and still a Narc. According to him he has bad luck choosing women BUT in true Narc fashion I was going to be the answer for him. NOT Anyway be thankful he wont speak to you. The hoovers are so hard to resist they can be so sweet but once they know they have you back WHAMO!
Jan 9 - 3PM (Reply to #5)
therose
therose's picture

Thank you everyone...

for your stories. It's hard to think of myself as supply and not a real person with feelings, as I thought of hm. And when it comes to never being married, I probably didn't see that as a red flag cuz I myself have never been married =, have kids, or even been engaged. And for me, I just also didn't meet a man who wanted that with me. Probably a vibe I gave off or something. So, in a way, i could empthatize with all that he has been throgh because in my life, I have suffered some of the same fates. If that makes sense. He was a man who said he was sorry a lot. and also a man who seemed very depressed at what hs come of his life, so I guess him saying he does realize what he has done to himself, or what he wants to change, would be a bad hoover ? (learning the terminology here.lol still new) because I would celebrate that and wnat that for him, but yeah, if he came back as if nothing happened I would have a hard time with that. He's a very good looking man, he won't run out of supply or drama from all his ex's, the one he had his daughter with that is now coming back to get part custody again (he has full now due to her not having a home and roof over her head when she had her daughter), the ex he was with five years that i truly believe he is still in love with and they had a very tumultuous relationship, and any number of other dramas he talked about in his life. So, if it's for supply, he isn't coming back to someone who doesn't even live there and he would have to put more effort in to have, but I think he did it because I was so empathetic and at that time, his supply was pretty much empty. I'm not going to be an ass to him, it's not my way, but I will want hin to try and work on the change he needs. Not necessarily to get me, but to get himself back. I think sometimes being his good friend was what I was meant to be for him. He sure could use one, in this cse.

Jan 9 - 5PM (Reply to #15)
MsVulcan500
MsVulcan500's picture

Evrybdy,

This is one of the things we need to get past in this whole horrid process. If we are not nice to the narcs, it does not make us bad people! If you ignore him, go NC and disappear from his radar, it does not make you bad! It does not make you uncaring or unfeeling. It is about survival at this point. Both of you can't survive in a relationship (of any type) together, so you need to choose. Will it be him or you? If you continue to have a relationship with him one of you will most certainly not make it out alive, or at least sane. This is very hard for people like us to overcome. We feel guilty for acting like we don't care about the narc. But we have to get past this. There are some people that you just need to get away from and let them handle their problems on their own. You need to do it for YOU! You have always put his needs ahead of yours, and he has never put yours ahead of his. In fact, he has never cared about your needs at all. All of us here have baggage, whether it's past relationships, bad childhoods, whatever. There are a lot of people here who have had really shitty childhoods and they did not grow up and use and abuse others. He will not change, it is not in his makeup. You need to get away and stay away, and hope he doesn't ever contact you again. Next time you won't be as lucky as you were this time. It will be worse.
Jan 9 - 5PM (Reply to #13)
gettinbetter
gettinbetter's picture

Sweets. He wont change cause

Sweets. He wont change cause he cant. Its part of his disorder. He doesnt think there is a damn thing wrong with him. When the do admit faults its only to elicit supply from you. They say they want to change but honestly they dont. They see no reason to. They dont think like you and I. When the Narc came back in my life he came back with a sob story. They all have a sob story thats so they can hook you and you let your guard down. Mine came back a little over a year ago promising grand things for us. I made the mistake of believing him. This has been the worst year of my life. You will go thru a period where you will think my situation is different. My Narc is different. Everyone does this its normal in time you will see that your situation is exactly the same only the details are a little different but the big picture is the same. Their disorder has a pattern. They all do it. Thats why when you read the stories you find yourself going OMG OMG mine did that! cause they do its an illness and exhibit the same symptoms. Some symptoms are worse in some than others but the end result is the same. They have no ability to give or receive love. They just dont. Im sorry I know its painful to read this stuff but the sooner you come to grips that there will be no happy ending regarding this man the faster you can heal.
Jan 9 - 7PM (Reply to #14)
therose
therose's picture

I know...

and I think there are a lot of factors in my head, the fact that it was long distance and that's stressful enough for any couple to endure, also his job which even another friend said he was an asshole to those he loved when he worked graveyard shift, and also my knowledge that he did tell me how his father leaving when he was small affected him, and he decided to fall in love with someone who is very ill and also very depressed about mortality due to losing my mom and acing my own disease, many men have run from me becaouse of my illness. I can't say that if he did that, and he did say when he was breaking up with me that he was scared, Ican't say that's the reaction of a monster who can never change. Maybe it is a man who has some issues of his own and defintely the anger is the one I couldn't live with, but whatever they are, stress got to him, and he wasn't sure if he coudl handle ldr and someone this sick anymore, with full custoedy of his daughter and money woes, loo, I'm not trying to make excuses for his behavoir. As my friend who I talked about in my other post, told me, no matter what the reason, even if it was a good one, that was no way to treat you in how he broke up with you. So, it's more the breakup that was severe, but I am starting to look back at some red flags for me, not necessarily for others. Things that I should have been a stronger woman and not allowed for someone to say or do to me. That's what I am learning. I already have had someone come on to me in a needy way and KO'ed their chances, and they are not around anymore, so it is working, but that doesn't mean I now thing the N or BP is a monster. But I appreciate all these warnings,and do heed them well. Thanks to that same distance, no worries about me going back. I barely like getting on planes as it is.lol But I also don't feel if someone does realize something is wrong, and he had said things about ways he acted in the past, he didn't like, or how he didn't want to fight, cuz he knew how it would make him and he said he didn't want to ever be that way with me (prior to the breakuup) plus, for all Iknow, this was his only wato save me from himself, and not talking at all or hoovering, is his way of actually caring for me afterall by not making me suffer anymore. If he truly was a Ted Bundy type, then knowing I was coming up for 10 days and crying to be with him and stay with him (I called his mom and asked if I could stay prior to going up cuz I had no place to go) he would have said yes, to maybe urt me, rape me, get something out of it then dump me, who knows? But he didn't, if he's trying to mainupluate for his gain in some sadistic way, he's horrible at it. This is why I teeter, cuz I know bp also has some grandioseness in it, and also addictions, like he did with sex and money, but also other things, sleep problems, he had that, and irritated at noises, he had that for sure, then there is one I never thought of, but he kept having wounds on his eye or head and said he just walked into stuff at work, well, I read some bp's diary on youtube and they woudl self inflict wounds just like that. That ad his saying that night he dumped me "I'm meant to bea lone" it's just I have no idea yet and now doing research on both, it coud go either way on this one, or maybe some of b oth. I will heed this advice, just letting you know what is in my head. I will admit, if he's N, I won't go back, but if he's bp, I woulnd't stop myself helping him if he asked me. I'm being bluntly honest here. And it's scary to admit, but yes, O do think bp is a very upsetting and scary thing and he shouldn't be cast out for it. M

Jan 9 - 3PM (Reply to #6)
Redhead1
Redhead1's picture

I have thought forever-God

I have thought forever-God put me with him to help him get thru life. It was just my job. Lately, I have got to thinking maybe God put him in my life to teach me a lesson. Maybe I was the one to learn from this. It could go both ways I guess.
Jan 10 - 9AM (Reply to #8)
happydaysahead
happydaysahead's picture

I am struggling with this....

What lesson is God trying to teach us ?? What did we learn ?? All I am left with is a broken heart and a feeling that I am unlovable and that no one wants to be with me. I have prayed on this over and over to please just give me a sign to show me that this is not my fault !! So far, I get the feeling of being abandoned by God. And I so hate to even write that. Because I am a believer, I truly am, but I am doubting/questioning alot right now.
Jan 10 - 9AM (Reply to #9)
Journey
Journey's picture

Happydaysahead

I understand your pain, I've felt exactly the same. I am not religious, but I am spiritual and I felt so sure that being with my exN was a destined path I needed to take. What lesson did we need to learn? I can't answer that for you since we each will take our own learning from our experiences, but I do know that when we've been in love with a narc, what you describe is what we've all described. I felt as if a horrible joke had been played at my expense by the universe or powers that be and I was close to suicidal. The pain was so intense I didn't care any more about my own life and it has taken a long time to move past that feeling. I've come to learn since understanding about NPD, that there was nothing I could have done to have changed the outcome of loving a narc. It was not my fault that he is disordered and could not love me. That does not make me unlovable, even though it feels like it at times. Perhaps the sign you are searching for is in the very fact that you found this forum. Take this as the first sign to guide you into believing there is a lesson hidden within all the pain. We've all had the same doubts about our own value and that is because our narcs devalue us and leave us feeling worthless. None of us are worthless, we all are lovable and you will find the support on this site to believe in yourself again - which is perhaps the greatest lesson we have all had to learn. I'm sorry to hear you feel such confusion and pain, but it does not surprise me you feel it because we all have felt it. Read about this disorder more and more... there is a fog that clouds our lives while loving a narc that slowly lifts as we become educated about their sickness. It was all about him, you are not at fault for his inability to love or care about you. You are more than what he's left you feeling your worth is and we understand and care about you. ((hugs)) Journey on...

Journey on...

Jan 10 - 10AM (Reply to #12)
happydaysahead
happydaysahead's picture

But, thing is....................

double post--sorry
Jan 10 - 10AM (Reply to #10)
happydaysahead
happydaysahead's picture

But, thing is....................

I was not looking to be taught a lesson !! I was fine being alone just me and my son and then 6 years ago HE comes into our lives. It was not like I was out being destructive, doing things I should not have done. We were just here being us (me and my son) and this THING came in and made us all of these false promises and hurt me and my son so badly. But I am the one needing to learn a lesson ?? What would that be ?? Don't open yourself up to care about someone ?? It just pisses me off !! Here the N is just going about his fcked up life while me and my son are still trying to pick up the pieces after 9 months !! UGHHHHH !! I can only hope that he will never find happiness--I just have to believe that. And I do know that me and my son will be okay and we will be able to be happy again one day !! Thanks to all for the support. This site is a lifesaver. I have not been on in a while, but had a trigger moment on Saturday and came back. I do feel better, but I am still just SO angry !!
Jan 10 - 11AM (Reply to #11)
Journey
Journey's picture

Neither was I!!

I wasn't looking to be taught a lesson either. I too was just fine before my narc came into my life. Better than fine actually - I was happy, strong and healthy. I was not looking for anyone to come along to turn my life upside down and inside out - but that is what happened. I was with him for only two years, but he's taken a total of 3 and a half years away from me now that I will never get back. And for what?!! I don't know, I may never know for sure. I have to believe there was a reason though or I'll just curl up into a ball and turn out the light. Seriously. Because of my time with him I struggle daily to regain the joy in life that used to come so easy to me. He took my greatest hopes and dreams from me, then after destroying them one by one, carelessly tossed them aside, leaving me to collect the broken pieces which I can barely even look at now as I try to put my life back together. I wasn't doing anything I should not have been doing either. I wasn't looking for a destructive force to come into my life to somehow make me a better person. I was already a better person. Mine also goes on his merry way, content or so it seems to ignore the path of destruction in his wake. I don't think they ever find any real happiness though, because unlike us, they don't have the emotional depth to feel it. Journey on...

Journey on...

Jan 9 - 6PM (Reply to #7)
gettinbetter
gettinbetter's picture

I had used to think the same

I had used to think the same thing but what I have come to realize is that God put him back in my life so that I could see that I didnt miss anything from the first time and that it wasnt my fault. You see I never got over this man. I fell in love and got married but I never got over him. I always wondered what had happened to him and what I had done to drive him away.
Jan 8 - 10PM (Reply to #3)
Hunter
Hunter's picture

evrybdy11

Keep reading My Suggestion, Leave the ball in his court. He will never get better and if fall for his crap when he comes back the second round will kill you. You are here because you were abused. Heal and move on without this guy. Idealk