crj3252's story

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Nov 15 - 3PM
crj3252
crj3252's picture

crj3252's story

I am so happy to have found this website! It started me on a new path....I now realize I am not the one who is crazy!!!!
I spent thirteen years with a narcissist! I was married to him for ten years and followed him all over the country for his career. I uprooted my children and friends time and time again.

Two years ago after moving us to Florida he walked in the door and told me he filed for divorce. There was no discussion or warning. I was completely blindsighted by him and devestated. I tried everything I could think of to win him back. I would change I would fix myself I would do anything he wanted. I was pathetic.He would not hear of it he was done. I was stuck in Florida with two children and no family.

He had me served at a huge work meeting in front of all my co-workers. I was beside myself. I tried to figure out what was wrong with me and how I screwed things up, but have come to discover I lived with a narcissist for thirteen years.

All he ever did was work and drink. He never wanted to participate in family things with the kids and I. His job always came first. Then came drinking every night and online gambling. I should have realized it when my son was born and six hours later he was in a suit heading to a job interview. He never wanted sex and if he did it was all about him. There was never any appreciation no matter how much I did! He never took any interest in my children until he walked out. I'm sure this is just so he looks good, and he may be trying to impress his girlfriend. I was on anti-depressants and constantly having anxiety attacks and migraines.
Funny thing now that he has been gone I am no longer on anti-depressants and have no more migraines.

I did everything for this man.....laid his clothes oout each night, cared for his children, did the laundry, worked full time, and moved four times in six years for his career. I was never allowed to be around his friends and he never took me anywhere. Everything was about him and I was too blind to see it. In the two years I worked at my job he never even came to see where I worked or did anything with my work friends.

Now I am in an ugly custody fight to get primary custody of my children. He drinks and drives with my kids in the car, he still has never bonded with my children and they cry everytime they have to go with him. So that is my story.....One question....does anyone have any advice on how to prevent my children from becoming narcissists???? Thanks all for listening!

Nov 15 - 7PM
agnesmurphy17
agnesmurphy17's picture

Ugly Custody Battle

Well, custody is all about his NOT paying child support. I know somebody who has the same problem with a drinking & driving N. She's planning on setting her N up. When N has the child, & is at a function where she knows he'll drink (family wedding, etc.) -- she's gonna hire a private investigator to tail him. In our state if a motorist calls 911 & says license plate xxx, 2006 Nissan whatever, is weaving all over the road & there are kids in the car! The police will pull the car over. If the guy blows over the legal limit with kids in the car -- that ends his custody battle. Maybe even his unsupervised visitation as well.
Nov 15 - 8PM (Reply to #3)
crj3252
crj3252's picture

I hired a private

I hired a private investigator and he witnessed my x purchasing beer, pouring it into a cup and drinking. Then he proceeded to drive to school and pick the children up and drive them home!He also called the state troopers six times and there was never one in the area! So the private eye route didn't work for me! I hope your friend has better luck!!!
Nov 15 - 4PM
Sherbear
Sherbear's picture

Um wow.....

First off, I am so glad you have found this site...there is nothing like finding peace and healing with people who have been thru exactly what you have. I am sorry you and your children continue to be traumatized by this man. You are so strong and doing what you are doing with healing and recovery is the biggest thing you can do for your children. My heart hurts for you all, but chin up b/c better days are coming. Boundaries and as much no contact as you can do with the narc. Thank you for sharing your story~ :o) xoxo