sunflowergrl70 story

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sep 27 - 7AM
sunflowergrl70
sunflowergrl70's picture

sunflowergrl70 story

My ex-fiance came into my life slowly. I had known of him for a couple of years through work. He did have a bad reputation and I was aware of some of the stunts he pulled. Heck there were times when he would come into the lounge and talk and I would be "icked out". It was always tuff about his ex-wife or ex-girlfriend and how they were bad or never communicated with him.

When we first got together it was "too good to be true". He would call to talk and would tell me how he was getting back into running because of me (I'm a runner). He wanted to give me a windbreaker because he knew I ran in all kinds of weather and was worried about me getting wet.

He was very affectionate toward me and could never seem to keep his hands off of me. It was great. We had an amazing sex life and seemed to connect.

He got me into (addicted) to skiing and we would go on amazing trips where we would ski 6 hours a day and would be physical twice a day every day. I'm an active person and I LOVED this life. I still miss it.

His "mind games" were what would push me over the edge. He was constantly making little remarks about old girlfriends. When we went on our first ski trip together he told me how he had "taken 10 other people on this trip". His college friend was no better (another narcissist) and loved to tell stories about all the old girlfriends he had brought and how he loved to try to "break them".

We got engaged two years into our relationship. By this time I was still living out of a bag and staying with him when my kids were with their father. The day he gave me the ring he asked me "you aren't going to take my last name are you"? He wanted the engagement to be kept a secret.

I finally got tired of his "committment phobia" and left him. The last straw came when he saw his teenage son with a pack of cigarettes in his pocket. He grabbed the cigarette pack and then threw the kid on the ground! His daughter called him up and bitched him out about it then turned around all "lovey dovey" the next week when she wanted a belly button ring. The kid dynamics were so adolescent!

I finally broke up with him a couple of months ago. He was fine until he found out I was dating again. He harrassed me at home in front of my kids, stalked me at church and wouldn't leave me alone at work. He even threatened the guy I am currently seeing.

It went too far when he was asked to leave church for harrassing me there. He was kicked out of church and he actually got threatening with a DEACON!

I finally had to get a restraining order. The story that finally got me to that point is BIZARRE.

At this point I am still reeling from this. I spent four years with this guy and trying to "change" him. I still worry that I have feelings for him. I am dating, but don't feel anything.

I would love to hear stories from others about the "mind games". I doubt myself at every turn, but I know that he's no good for me.

Sep 27 - 10AM
fooled no longer
fooled no longer's picture

yeah hes a narc alright

I can relate to many things but espec to the fact he wanted to keep marriage secret. just like mine who didnt want to tell his team at work in case they thought he was an A hole. p. s. they are all in relationships too, im thinking he is an A hole 100% and they will too when they find out. the church incident and RO sound like textbook Narc behavior. you got played just like we did and it hurts like hell but u survived I applaud you. Hes not worth the oxygen he consumes lime most of them. move on up girl
Sep 27 - 12PM (Reply to #2)
sunflowergrl70
sunflowergrl70's picture

Thank you

One thing he used to do which caused huge issues in our relationship was to tell me things that he was planning on doing. Him and I were together on the days I didn't have my kids which were Monday and Tuesday evenings and every other weekend. He used to make statements like he was going to start working nights and that it would "suck for us, but I have to". Or he would say that he was going to work 12 hour shifts on the weekends so he could be gone during the week to ski. Then when I called him on it he would say "I was planning for us in the future". Yeah right. I never heard "us" in the statements. His big thing was to repeat the statement when I would ignore it. Alot of times I knew he was saying stuff like that on purpose to get a rise out of me. That hurt more then anything. Today at work he made a point to walk by where I was sitting and eating my lunch. I purposely put myself where he wouldn't be able to walk by without great effort. He did this and got JUST close enough not to violate the restraining order. After all this he still wants to be in my sight and wants my attention. So pathetic.