windycitygirl's story

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sep 6 - 10AM
windycitygirl
windycitygirl's picture

windycitygirl's story

After celebrating our 4th anniversary this year, I decided that I had enough. We are constantly in church at least prayer meeting on Wed and twice on Sunday...with his fawning and ha ha hypocritic self all over the place...fussing at me on the way to and from church...fussing, projecting, gaslighting, you name it - you ladies know the drill- and did i tell you that i am wife #5-do i have stupid written across my forehead...but i digress...

the reason that i fell for anything was that he was in church all the time, he was good to his elderly mom and seemed so likeable and i had actually know people who could not make good marital choices because they were good and didn't see the evil and i thought he was probably one of these folks as all the wives but one had left him.

i saw no signs of sexual immorality-i think due to age (69) and laziness and having all the punching bag he needed as I was very good at being verbally punched out, and he didn't want to mess up his good guy image at church...

anyway, i decided to leave this week-end while he was at church...play sick and get out.

I prayed to GOD on the way to work, Friday, for a miracle and during the day he called and asked if i wanted to go eat and then go to a singing at church...I said ok but I needed to go see my mom first-I had a car full of my things that I was moving to her house-I had loaded the car early in the am and left before he got out of bed...I didn't want him to know that I was leaving Sunday and this was on Friday.

We were on the way to the restaurant and he said i have to tell you the hardest thing i have ever had to say to anyone and I thought he is getting ready to ask for a divorce...bring it on big boy..He said...I have been a jerk and I am sorry and will you forgive me?

I was in shock...I said why now....why today..he said i don't know i just got to thinking about it. I said well, i was going to leave you sunday while you were in church..he was stunned...big time...he thought no one would ever leave a prize like himself...i told him he was killing me and that i would never ever put up with ANOTHER THING.

From the time we said our vows until now, it has always been about him..his wants, his desires..his tv, the way the toilet paper hung on the roll, the laundry detergent, you name it...always, projecting, pulling the rug out from under me...hurting me with snubs, rejection...on and on daily...

Things have been wonderful as only a n can do it...have i gone and moved my stuff back...NOPE...do I pray he has truly repented...absolutely.

I beleive that GOD can do anything but man has choices...I believe that the Bible teaches that satan was thrown out of heaven for narcissism..

I am going to stay but he will only have to start it up again and i will be gone and i won't be back..

Life is too short...and you young ladies out there, please listen to an older woman...early 60's.

I was married for 25 years to a n and it almost killed me to leave him...Later, I married a jewel and he died after a few short years and i miss him.

I didn't know what n was until last year...end things, now..if they truly repent that would be a good thing and i think maybe some can but if not, walk-no run away...

I hope that I don't get in trouble about my religious beliefs but this is the only way i know how to tell my story.

I ordered 2 of Lisa's books to give to single ladies.

Sep 21 - 6PM
michele115 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

windycitygirl

Thank you for sharing your story. I think it is especially important to note that while the Church speaks of taking vows seriously, God did not intend for us to stand for abuse. While I am not super religious, what helped me was to reinforce the fact, that I was spared early enough to get out before I wasted an entire lifetime with this dud. All the best to you.