daughter of this is not fun story

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jul 21 - 11PM
thisisnotfun
thisisnotfun's picture

daughter of this is not fun story

I am in my early 20's and my boyfriend is in his mid 20's.We recently just got passed our 1 year anniversary. We have always gotten along and never really fought before. Money is a issue with us, but i do not live him but I am there a lot and he does ask me for money, like gas,cigaretts or just to get him through the week. For the past month now he has been acting very different towards me and I have been asking him about it and he kept saying nothing is wrong and he was fine repeatly. So we got through our year and he was still acting distant and did not acknowledge it at all, not a card a note or nothing.A week later he said he loves me but there is something really wrong and we needed a big long week break without seeing each other. He needed to focus on himself and needed time. We talked everyday, some days he was nice the next he was a a-hole. He always told me he loved me though, but he began to start drinking every night and was just really rude. After "our week" we sat down and talked it out and he just was not sure if we meshed well and all that. But i told him we can work on things and you have to believe in us and he agreed and everything. The next night he was back to him self and rude again but wanted to hang out that the next night after work to spend time together. Once i went over there we had the same talk and he said he wanted to be honest with me, and he said he was in love with me and does not want to give up but wants to be 100% sure I am the girl for him and the one he wants to marry. He needs to focus on himself and this is what he needs to do, but said it will be good for us and it will work out. He told me that he does not plan on bringing any girls home or plan on hooking up with anyone, so he wants to remain faithful and does not want to cheat. he wants us to keep our "promise" rings on still and wanted to still talk everyday and said this will work out and be stronger for the both of us. Well it has been 4 days and we have not talked at all! he has not tried contacting me at all, so now it makes me worried about whats really going on. Is he really trying to focus on himself and taking the time to think about us and everything, or is he just done with me for good and this was an easy way out? This is really who is? Just 2 months ago he wrote me a letter saying how much he loved me and saying we can see us in the future with kids, dogs and a nice and can not wait to hold my hand in marriage. Now look where we are.

Jul 26 - 9PM
wholeagain
wholeagain's picture

Daughter...

Love doesn't have to hurt...it really doesn't. It can be challenging absolutely, but I think a lot of women, with all good intentions, hang on for dear life when really it's time to let go. If I were in your shoes...as hard as it is...I'd stop communicating with him. If he wants time to figure things out...then give him that. He can't have it both ways..."his" time then time with you when it's convenient for him to contact you. The time away from him will also be good for you, so you can evaluate whether this is how you want to spend your life. This is a great chance to really stand up for yourself and understand your own value. Good luck my dear...you have a big, wonderful, exciting, wide-open life ahead of you, make it good...
Jul 24 - 9PM
thisisnotfun
thisisnotfun's picture

THANKS EVERYONE!

I know i should drop him but i know he does love me and wants to be with me..i just think he is going through something that hes not even sure about..we talked last night and he said from now on its going to be better and only see each other 2 a week, but only because he asks me to hang out. I am not going to be the one to make the plans. Love hurts thats all i can say,
Jul 22 - 10PM
TNR1
TNR1's picture

Intimacy issues....

Don't you hate the push/pull, come closer/go away routine? It's all about control and a fear of intimacy that I still don't quite get. Everything is fine as long as they are the ones that are doing the pursuing, but when it gets "real", when it is beyond that chase phase, that is when these guys start to pull away. They don't really "end" it, that would also be too "real", so it's just easier for them to distance themselves. The important thing right now is that you understand that you are in no way, shape or form responsible for his pulling away.
Jul 22 - 8PM
NancyM
NancyM's picture

Hi there daughter

Look it is not really easy to decipher what you have written, but regardless of that, this guy is obviously giving you the run around and that is clearly not a good sign. He certainly sounds like he has a lot of narcissistic tendancies though, but the only way you can be sure is to keep posting your experiences, and read all the other posts. Whether he is a N or not does not really matter, he needs to either shape up or ship out, end of story. This having to find themselves, so they do not have to answer to you is normal Narc behavior though, so be aware of that. Keep posting honey, and welcome aboard.

Nevergoback

Jul 23 - 1AM (Reply to #2)
thisisnotfun
thisisnotfun's picture

Thanks guys! This has been

Thanks guys! This has been so hard for me, and last night we actually did talk and right away he attacked me and had something to question me about. He still said he loved me though after the call, but here we go again, 24 hours later and have not once again heard from him! Does he seem like he still wants to be with me or is he really done but just being a jerk? I know he loves me, he has been trying to be with me for 3 years and now a year after being together he decides to treat me like this, and honestly does not seem to care. If i tell him I'm done and when he ready to decide to be with me call me..will that actually work?
Jul 24 - 3PM (Reply to #4)
agnesmurphy17
agnesmurphy17's picture

Drop Him

Look you are in your early 20's. This guy is giving you the run around. He wants you there when he wants you there to gratify his needs. But he's not there for you when you need something. And a man who asks a woman for money a lot is a huge RED FLAG. I am sorry to be so harsh. But do not waste your precious youth on a jerk who is not treating you well or making you feel well in yourself.
Jul 23 - 4AM (Reply to #3)
dysenchanted
dysenchanted's picture

notfun

You ask if it seems that he still wants to be with you. I think you should ask yourself if you want to be with someone who treats you this way. You are very young and have plenty of time to find someone who will love and respect you as you deserve. :).